GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,362 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » WBC

Subject: Shuttles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Blue Man7

Olathe
Kansas
msg tools
Has anyone been successful in confirming a shuttle from the airport to 7 Springs for a certain time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also interested to know as arriving at airport from across the pond late afternoon Friday 22nd July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they aren't deciding on any specific times yet, which is rather annoying for trying to schedule a flight not knowing when the shuttles will end up leaving...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6ce30/48480

Preliminary plans are for 3 per day at 10AM, 2 and 7PM. It's kind of a chicken and egg thing, they can't know what demand is til they see people make reservations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just surprised that with under 3 weeks to go they haven't had enough people call for shuttles yet to know when the shuttles are going to leave. Are there that many people who plan on flying in but who still haven't bought their plane tickets yet?

I will say, the people I talked to on the phone at 7 Spring were quite helpful. They also gave the impression that there will be more shuttles than just three a day for the opening weekend (which makes sense to me, given the high volume of people likely arriving on those days), and that probably most people will be able to be at the convention within 2-3 hours of their flight arriving.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, they've figured out their Airport -> 7 Springs shuttles, but still haven't decided on when the return trips are leaving. Apparently I won't find out if there's one that can get me to the airport on time or not until I get there. That'll be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When do you need to be at the airport?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flight leaves at 12:15pm Sunday 7/31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a little early. I imagine there will be an early shuttle or 3 on Sunday heading towards the airport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I mean I knew when I got that flight that I might need to find another ride to the airport other than the shuttle; I just figured that they'd be able to determine departure times sooner than "not until the convention starts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Man7

Olathe
Kansas
msg tools
What are the days and times they are picking up at the airport on the front end?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd have to call 814-352-7777 Ext. 5000. On Saturday 7/23 I think there is one leaving at 10:15am and one at 11:30am, but that's all I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:

Mine leaves at 12pm on Sunday 7/31. Keep me in mind if you (we) get stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
Statalyzer wrote:

Mine leaves at 12pm on Sunday 7/31. Keep me in mind if you (we) get stuck.

You're flying this year Michael - and bypassing all that awesome roadside BBQ along the way when you drive ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marty S wrote:

You're flying this year Michael - and bypassing all that awesome roadside BBQ along the way when you drive ?

I've developed an allergy to driving halfway across the continent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After that last post I called to confirm there was definitely a 10:15 saturday morning, and I wa told twice both that a) there was, and b) I was on it.

This morning - nothing. I call and they say there is no 10:15 shuttle, and that I'm on the 11:30. Had they told me this accurately the first time I wouldn't have used the shuttle at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.