msg tools
mb
Hi,

I saw a voting-thread about AO difficulty with the following resutls:

1.Cthulhu
2.Shub
3.Yog
4.Azathoth

After playing some games with each AO, i think for a 2 player game there is a huge difference in difficulty for each boss.

Azathoth was really tough with 2 investigators ( talking about random combos of investigators )

After him i was really afraid of how hard it gonna be with the next one, but i was wrong.

It seems like the true strength and difficulty of other AOs relies on number of investigators ( more gates, more monsters, requires more clues for each effect etc... ) and maybe their reckonings and passives are more harmful with 3+ players.

Anyone else noticed the difference ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
left13 wrote:
Hi,

I saw a voting-thread about AO difficulty with the following resutls:

1.Cthulhu
2.Shub
3.Yog
4.Azathoth

After playing some games with each AO, i think for a 2 player game there is a huge difference in difficulty for each boss.

Azathoth was really tough with 2 investigators ( talking about random combos of investigators )

i strongly recommend consulting this oracle:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZdxFQZu-5jT9zyTRuE0J...

It contains stats, based on thousands of accumulated play results, on number of investigators, which AO is most difficult (both before and after awakening), and other useful things.

left13 wrote:

It seems like the true strength and difficulty of other AOs relies on number of investigators ( more gates, more monsters, requires more clues for each effect etc... ) and maybe their reckonings and passives are more harmful with 3+ players.

See the Investigators tab on the above spreadsheet for "hard stats" on investigator numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul C
United Kingdom
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wesley sermeus
Belgium
flag msg tools
i keep a record of every play with our group when we play eldritch.
I do not however count the number of players (mostly between 4 and 6)
but i have played the game now 48 times and below are the stats of our group:

AO Plays Wins Losses
Cthulhu 6 0 6
Azathoth 2 0 2
Yig 8 0 8
Shub-niggurath 6 2 4
yog-sothoth 5 2 3
ROTElderThings 3 3 0
Ithaqua 4 1 3
Syzygy 4 1 3
Nephran-Kah 4 2 2
Aboth 4 4 0
Hastur 2 1 1
48 16 32

so you see, cthulhu, yig and azatoth we never managed to defeat but on the other hand roftheelderthings and aboth are the easiest AO's (however i recall a very close victory against aboth one of the games which would have been a loss if there would been another turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls