Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo Brooks
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ran through this and (possibly) narrowly won. I was wondering if anyone could clarify these four situations that were not particularly clear.

First - Does Prince Thorald move towards the wolves at the beginning of each new day AND when a monster is defeated? If so, this game becomes very difficult to use the wolves as allies, which is kind of essential. Another way to ask this would be to ask if defeating monsters causes the legend marker to move up the path as in the regular game.

Second - I encountered a situation from the event roll of a 4 on the die where I could move the monster to wherever I wanted at the beginning of a day. Does that monster still move as per it's regular movement for the beginning of the day? If so, one is potentially moving it twice, which makes planning where you want it very important.

Third - Can two monsters occupy the same space? I had a situation where I had monsters in Spaces 52 and 53 so both monsters would have ended up in space 55 at the beginning of the next turn. Does the regular "Leapfrogging" rule then apply? If not, can two monsters occupy a space with a hero?

Fourth - On my last day I was between Thorald and the Alpha Wolf when I defeated my last Troll. Thorald then had to cross my path to get to the Alpha Wolf. Did I then meet the objective of the legend by being in the same space as Thorald after I beat my last Troll, or did I lose the game because Thorald would have gotten to the Alpha Wolf on that turn going by me?

Please let me know if you can answer these questions. I am very excited to try this again once I hear from others. I feel like my win was potentially tainted by not following the rules the way they were intended.

Thanks so much to Michael for designing such a fantastic game, and offering free legends to try. It is one of my very favourites!

Thanks also to anyone who can try and answer these questions!

Leo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Treefrog74 wrote:
I just ran through this and (possibly) narrowly won. I was wondering if anyone could clarify these four situations that were not particularly clear.
I tried this legend last week-end for the first time. I'm afraid I will disapoint you, because I nearly have the same interrogations...

Quote:
First - Does Prince Thorald move towards the wolves at the beginning of each new day AND when a monster is defeated? If so, this game becomes very difficult to use the wolves as allies, which is kind of essential. Another way to ask this would be to ask if defeating monsters causes the legend marker to move up the path as in the regular game.
I'm afraid that the prince moves each time the narrator move, including when you kill a creature.

Quote:
Second - I encountered a situation from the event roll of a 4 on the die where I could move the monster to wherever I wanted at the beginning of a day. Does that monster still move as per it's regular movement for the beginning of the day? If so, one is potentially moving it twice, which makes planning where you want it very important.
In my french version, the event #4 tells you to roll the dice to move the creature, not to place it wherever you want. That said, I think it moves twice.

Quote:
Third - Can two monsters occupy the same space? I had a situation where I had monsters in Spaces 52 and 53 so both monsters would have ended up in space 55 at the beginning of the next turn. Does the regular "Leapfrogging" rule then apply? If not, can two monsters occupy a space with a hero?
I'm sure they can't. But I don't know what happens : it doesn't move (that's what I do), it moves to the second higher space, "leapfrogging" following the highest number, "leapfrogging" following the arrow,...

Quote:
Fourth - On my last day I was between Thorald and the Alpha Wolf when I defeated my last Troll. Thorald then had to cross my path to get to the Alpha Wolf. Did I then meet the objective of the legend by being in the same space as Thorald after I beat my last Troll, or did I lose the game because Thorald would have gotten to the Alpha Wolf on that turn going by me?
I think you won as soon as the king moved to your space.

Quote:
Thanks also to anyone who can try and answer these questions!
I'm afraid it's a bit late now. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Treefrog74 wrote:
Any time the narrator moves, so yes at both morning and a monster's defeat. Thorald is very stupid, so there are places you can make good use the flute to keep him running around ineffectively.

Treefrog74 wrote:
The event card occurs instead of the usual event card draw, so yes the creature moves to its new position and then later along the arrows. And as black dog said, you do not get to pick where it moves - you roll again.

Treefrog74 wrote:
They cannot share the same space; the one on 52 moves first; so the one on 53 cannot reach a higher number and stays where it is. See below for the right answer.

Treefrog74 wrote:
I would say you lost. It says Orfen must "stand on the same space as the king" and usually "stand" ("stehen", vs. "betritten", "enter") in Andor means "stop."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
piman wrote:
Treefrog74 wrote:
They cannot share the same space; the one on 52 moves first; so the one on 53 cannot reach a higher number and stays where it is.
Sorry, this was incorrect, I wasn't looking at the board at the time. The one on 52 moves first, to 55. Then the one on 53 moves; 55 is blocked but it can reach 54, so it moves there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls