Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
I assume that the Messenger helpers give you an extra Errand Boy, but their symbol is not explained on the back of the manual.

So...

Does the Messenger give you an extra Errand Boy only when you take a Planning option that has one Errand Boy (so two Errand Boys is the maximum), or do you get the extra Errand Boy regardless (e.g. you can have three or even four Errand boys every turn?).

If it's the latter, how do you mark this in a five player game? Do you use other markers as your extra Errand Boys?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
The Messenger is a promo and therefore is not explained in the base game's rules.

The card has its own dedicated page and forums: Last Will: Messenger Promo Card

Its rules are here:
http://czechgames.com/files/rules/last-will-messenger-rules-...

Here's the section about which tokens to use:
Quote:
Third and fourth errand boys can be represented by coins, buttons, or other small tokens. However, this is usually unnecessary. If you have the only Messenger, your third errand boy is sent last, so you simply choose one of the remaining errand opportunities and perform that errand. There is no need to mark it, because no one plays after you. Similarly, if two Messengers are in play, it is not difficult to remember which opportunity the first extra errand boy blocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Clarke
Australia
Melbourne
Vic
flag msg tools
www.unhalfbricking.com
badge
EuroGamer since 1980, & online games retailer since 2003
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. I got an extra set of errand boy top hats with my promo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
SaltyHorse wrote:
The Messenger is a promo and therefore is not explained in the base game's rules.

The card has its own dedicated page and forums: Last Will: Messenger Promo Card

Its rules are here:
http://czechgames.com/files/rules/last-will-messenger-rules-...

Here's the section about which tokens to use:
Quote:
Third and fourth errand boys can be represented by coins, buttons, or other small tokens. However, this is usually unnecessary. If you have the only Messenger, your third errand boy is sent last, so you simply choose one of the remaining errand opportunities and perform that errand. There is no need to mark it, because no one plays after you. Similarly, if two Messengers are in play, it is not difficult to remember which opportunity the first extra errand boy blocked.

Fantastic. Thanks. I didn't realise the Messenger was a promo - that's what comes of getting games in trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls