Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Pezzi
United States
Waterford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all. I am looking for recommendations of games to play with my 3 year olds. I am open to anything from silly fun to educational and anything in between. Thanks everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Shillinglaw
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is what I play.
badge
Vegatable Alien is perlexed by slab of meat.
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Away Monster! is on to look at.

When they get older (5ish), check out Outfoxed!. This is a fantastic kids game that my daughter loves to play - she even set the game up by herself so we could play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Animal Upon Animal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan K
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three was a tough age to play games with my son. I found dexterity games just a little too hard and frustrating for him. At four+, Animal upon Animal and Sequence Jr are the best. Hey, That's My Fish is the favorite game right now for our adults and a 4 year old. Predetermined games like S.O.S., Candy Land, and Shoots and Ladders are the best for 3 yrs old. The last two I try to avoid because the are mind numbingly frustrating. Eventually at 4 we play simplified versions for Formula D and Rampage. Both are a hit...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael vas
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Monster factory . It's a simple tile laying game where you build monsters. Great for matching and early choice making plus just a lot of fun build crazy monsters. It also has some longevity to its life. My sons who are 7 and 10 still enjoy. There is no way we could play candyland with them but monster factory still hits our table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Mansfield
United States
Poway
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loopin' Louie is a blast for younger kids and also for adults. You could even consider the hand-eye coordination aspect as "educational."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 3, it would have to obviously be very simple. I would go with something like

Loopin' Louie
Go Away Monster!
Coconuts
First Orchard
FastTrack

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
American in Chile
Chile
Temuco
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a similar thread just a couple weeks ago, which garnered a lot of suggestions:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1593333/what-game-play-firs...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine loved The Enchanted Tower, Ker Plunk and Jenga - she enoyed watching the tower/marbles fall down. Also, she liked a couple of chimp and zee games such as jolly holidays, Richard Scarry's Busytown: Eye found it! Game and a john adams game called dragon chase-she loved the last one actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were also several card games by a company called djeco but she may have nearer 4??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls