Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gasch
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this worth getting? I already have Doom and Spacehulk in my collection and like them both. Is it different enough from those other games? If so, what is a good price range I should be looking for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to say if it's different ENOUGH to warrant a purchase.

IMO it's better than Space Hulk and Doom. I would say there is more depth in the tactical side than Space Hulk or Doom.

And God help me I just love the Force Wall grenades!

As far as price range...They usually don't go cheap. If you find one for under $75.00 you're probably doing real well. It depends on the metal/no metal version and what expansions you want but they are a little hard to find for a good price. That should tell you something about the fun factor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pick up a copy (the version with the 19 metal miniatures) on eBay right now for $48 (Buy-it-Now) and $9.84 shipping. I bought a copy from the same seller (1970shrekdragon) last month, and it's in great condition.

I have Space Hulk, Doom and Siege of the Citadel, and I think Legions of Steel is worth getting. And that price is probably the best you'll find on eBay right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Gasch
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info from both of you guys.

I brokedown and got a copy from that ebay seller you mentioned. :-)

BTW, are the minis for this readily available? Do you guys use another brand of minis as proxys?

Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gates
United States
Essex
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't had the game long enough to need more miniatures. I'm still working through the scenarios that came with the game.

I have a couple of Warhammer 40K armies, and the LOS minis are approximately the same size, but just a tad smaller. Legions of Steel pits human soldiers in power armor against the robot soldiers of a machine civilization. You could easily use W40K Space Marines and Necrons as proxies for LOS.

You might want to track down a copy of the advanced rules (Do a search for "Legion of Steel Advanced Rules"). It comes with more board sections, more detailed rules for combat, and the stats for additional units not included with the basic game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Reiter
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking at getting there are several versions.

Black box "unleaded" with no minis
Black box "Ove a pound of metal" with minis
Blue box 2nd edition.

The second ecdition contains a different mix of miniatures than the first. The rules only have minor changes. The biggest thing is probably the addition of point values of the units if you wnat to play a scenerio with different models, you can swao out equal point values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.