Hide
16 Posts

Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Open the Box (French box) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
I did receive my Pledge on wednesday, June 29th.

Here are some pictures opening the package and the main box.

The package looks undamaged.

Inside, a nice letter from Asyncron, giving thanks for my support and apologies for the delays.

I found the KS Exclusives easily.
All KSE are accounted for: 5 Province at War markers, 1 Odysseus marker, 2 Peace markers, 1 Minotaur Hero and 1 Ariane (Ariadne) Heroin.
Note: French backers don't get the Theseus Hero card, since we could order the Plato games magazine and get it with it. I guess Uwe only got it for non-French backers because they can't get a French magazine.
Anyway, Theseus was a promo card, but never a promised KS Exclusives, so I did get all KSE.

Main game box, Atlas expansion box, 3D Buildings add-on box and KSE all accounted for and undamaged.

The back side also looks fine!

Ow! Too bad! The rulebook was damaged by some pretty deep folds.
It's quite unaesthetic, and apparently, I'm not the only French backer having this problem.
Fortunately, the rulebook is still perfectly readable, so no huge concern there.

The background notes are fine.

Punch board for Influence and Trade Building markers.
Looks fine.

Punch board for Tax Coins, Goods/Commodities and Culture/Political Building tokens.
Looks fine too!

The main Heroes and Wonders.

The remainder of the Goods/Commodities tokens.

The main board.
Everything is accounted for, and everything but the rulebook is undamaged! That's always a relief...

For the time being, everything fits nicely into the box insert the way Oliver Chanry (French Publisher) showed us.
Of course, I need to add the Atlantis expansion and 3D Buildings add-on components...

I ran out of time that day, but the inside of the Atlas box and the Buldings box looks OK too.
Maybe I'll follow up later with more details on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyzi Shadow wrote:
For the time being, everything fits nicely into the box insert the way Oliver Chanry (French Publisher) showed us.
Of course, I need to add the Atlantis expansion and 3D Buildings add-on components...

I have packed tokens in small zipbags and I have fitted both boxes in the main box.

There is still suspense regarding the cards as I haven't sleeved them yet.

I may take some pictures this evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am yet to receive my order.... English games to Europe is apparently much trickier than English games to the States...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
Sorry to hear that. :/

Well, to be fair, the States are quicker to reach from China than Europe is. So it seems normal to me that US-backers got their pledge before I did - they would have even if they had been shipped exactly at the same time.

I'm not sure why it takes that much more time for non-French Europe backers to get their box as well. Or why their container ship left China that much later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because we are not French? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
Sadly, being French doesn't give magical powers that make your package arrive faster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On there webpage: last english news update: 27.10.2015. All the other news entries were BEFORE the kickstarter campaign. So the message seems to be pretty clear: give us our money and then get lost.

Last french updates just in June: 28.06.2016, 16-06.2016, 09.06.2016, 08.06.2016, 03.06.2016 and two time 01.06.2016.

But I stop complaining already. It´s useless anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
Except none of these updates are related to Mare Nostrum.
28.06.2016 -> related to FIEF
16.06.2016 -> related to the games festival in Paris
09.06.2016 -> related to Guadalcanal

And so on.
So we French people are as much in the dark as you are concerning news on Mare Nostrum - except for the sources outside of their official website that I already cited (Facebook, Newsletter, posts on Board Game forums). And even these were few and far between.

Also:
Quote:
So the message seems to be pretty clear: give us our money and then get lost.

...is a pretty big assumption.
You don't know the French publisher and you're frustrated so you assume the worst possible.
I've not met the guy (Olivier Chanry) face to face, but I've seen him in videos and read some of his posts on forums.
And while I don't agree with some of his views, he doesn't come as a greedy bastard who gets high on insulting people. So I assume differently.
So until he ACTUALLY says something even somewhat close to "give us your money and get lost", I'm not gonna assume that he thinks anything like that.

Maybe they have nobody good enough in English to assure good communication with non-French speakers.
Maybe they do have some preferential treatment for French people.
Maybe they have logistical reasons that make it more difficult than with French backers. And maybe these logistical reasons are due to bad luck or due to incompetence.
I don't know and I won't assume anything, because I have no way enough information to form an informed opinion.

But I will certainly not assume for no reason that they are heartless racist bastards who despise every non-French people and just want to rob them of their money - and dumb or rude enough to give them this message "clearly".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyzi Shadow wrote:

I found the KS Exclusives easily.
All KSE are accounted for: 5 Province at War markers, 1 Odysseus marker, 2 Peace markers, 1 Minotaur Hero and 1 Ariane (Ariadne) Heroin.
Note: French backers don't get the Theseus Hero card, since we could order the Plato games magazine and get it with it. I guess Uwe only got it for non-French backers because they can't get a French magazine.
Anyway, Theseus was a promo card, but never a promised KS Exclusives, so I did get all KSE.

They do exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard Vierthaler
Austria
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyzi Shadow wrote:
Except none of these updates are related to Mare

Maybe they have nobody good enough in English to assure good communication with non-French speakers.
Maybe they do have some preferential treatment for French people.
Maybe they have logistical reasons that make it more difficult than with French backers. And maybe these logistical reasons are due to bad luck or due to incompetence.
I don't know and I won't assume anything, because I have no way enough information to form an informed opinion.

Maybe we wouldn´t have to speculate if they would communicate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
@Ian Madsen
Those were especially printed in France for French backers when Asyncron was informed that the KSE were missing from the US pledges. They would also be missing from the French boxes otherwise.

@Bernhard Vierthaler
That's a fair point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernhard Vierthaler wrote:

Maybe we wouldn´t have to speculate if they would communicate

This. It is their own fault if they are painted as the bad guys. Their partners shift all blame to them and they keep silent and do not answer any questions from us or from their partners (for instance i would love to know if german backers get Theseus). And Academy Games seems to have adopted the tactic and has also gone silent. Of course this leads to all sorts of speculations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyzi Shadow
msg tools
@Kelteel.

True. I don't get the silence policy either.

But again, to be fair, they can't communicate through the KS Project page, only Uwe can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyzi Shadow wrote:
@Ian Madsen
Those were especially printed in France for French backers when Asyncron was informed that the KSE were missing from the US pledges. They would also be missing from the French boxes otherwise.

Ah, okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stratton
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Xahendir wrote:
Lyzi Shadow wrote:

I have packed tokens in small zipbags and I have fitted both boxes in the main box.

On one of the threads here there was a picture of a guy who sleeved his cards and put them in the sixth "Atlas" location (they fit fine), and put his Atlas stuff in the "cards" slot (they fit fine). Everything fit for him. Sorry I can't remember which thread....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre P.
France
Strasbourg
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik_the_Red wrote:
Xahendir wrote:
Lyzi Shadow wrote:

On one of the threads here there was a picture of a guy who sleeved his cards and put them in the sixth "Atlas" location (they fit fine), and put his Atlas stuff in the "cards" slot (they fit fine). Everything fit for him. Sorry I can't remember which thread....

My sleeved cards et my 2 sets of dice should fit in the dice place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.