oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
Artwork: My Daughter
mbmbmb
Put this in the expansion forum, but it doesn't look travel enough for a response...

When the Trollslayer is empowered and activates the Rest action, do the success and shield bonuses go to the Rest roll, the Attack roll, both, or players choice. If player choice, can they be split up - must you decide before rolling, etc.?

Thanks.

original post: Empowered Trollslayer Rest Question

Thanks for any comments/feedback...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say both. The card says: "during your action apply bla and bla." Both are during your action so you apply the bonus to all.

Similarly, after you act discard this card means that after the whole action has been resolved it must be discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
mbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
I would say both. The card says: "during your action apply bla and bla." Both are during your action so you apply the bonus to all.

Similarly, after you act discard this card means that after the whole action has been resolved it must be discarded.
Totally how I played it! Thought I was taking advantage of it somewhat - so thanks for the second opinion...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Meyer
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
The rules state that an action is the primary effect of the card. That would seem to indicate that you would only get it on the rest and not the attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
mbmbmb
darthjjm wrote:
The rules state that an action is the primary effect of the card. That would seem to indicate that you would only get it on the rest and not the attack.
Boo... I was wondering if maybe the action is limited to the effect that the card is named after...? Suppose this will be confirmed in and FAQ as there are various opinions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldschoolgamr
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Are you standin' yet?
badge
mbmbmb
oldschoolgamr wrote:
darthjjm wrote:
Boo... I was wondering if maybe the action is limited to the effect that the card is named after...? Suppose this will be confirmed in and FAQ as there are various opinions...
Well, I looked at that section of the rules and am really on the fence now - leaning toward the bonuses applying to both. The rules do state that the action is the primary effect of the card. But they go on to call that effect out as listed on the card in bold and small caps.

For the Trollslayer Rest card, both REST and ATTACK are in bold small caps - thus I am thinking both of these are considered primary actions... Right? In which case the bonus would apply to both roll actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG says: Empowered affects both rolls on the Trollslayer's rest action card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roger the Alien wrote:
FFG says: Empowered affects both rolls on the Trollslayer's rest action card.

Link, please... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received an E-Mail.
If you do not believe me, you may contact the customer service as I did.
They answer pretty fast(lately).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls