5 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Let's play some organized TS play! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen Kaup
msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Smash Up is on Tabletop Simulator and it really needs an organized scene, so let's make one. I'd like to start by organizing a fun/competitive small league where we play short matches over TS in a way that fits everyone's schedule, similar to leagues in Dominion and other games. I think the logistics will be easiest with 2 player games, and if we make things work well enough, we can expand to 3P and/or 2v2 at some point.

I'd like to find how much interest we have in this, and get it rolling ASAP if there's enough. I have some questions too!

1. Would you be interested in playing league Smash Up on Tabletop Simulator? If you don't have TS, it's generally $20 not on sale and frequently $10 on sale.

2. How many 2-game matches per season would you be willing to commit to? (I think it's important that each player go first and second an equal number of times.)

3. When picking factions, how many factions should be available in the draft? 4, 6, 8, all 42? Would you prefer bans or no?

4. Any other things you'd like to add?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chet C.
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nelagend wrote:

1. Would you be interested in playing league Smash Up on Tabletop Simulator? If you don't have TS, it's generally $20 not on sale and frequently $10 on sale.
It's on sale now through July 4th.

Nelagend wrote:

2. How many 2-game matches per season would you be willing to commit to? (I think it's important that each player go first and second an equal number of times.)
I could do a couple per week, but the timing has to be right or else it's zero.

Nelagend wrote:

3. When picking factions, how many factions should be available in the draft? 4, 6, 8, all 42? Would you prefer bans or no?
2N+2+(number of cards banned, if any).

So in 2 player with 1 ban per player, randomly pull 8. In four player with zero bans per player, 10.

Please see the bottom of https://boardgamegeek.com/article/22516653#22516653 (forum post) for my other idea.

Nelagend wrote:

4. Any other things you'd like to add?
I suggest we operate on the same TS file and have an official stance regarding base deck creation, usage of custom factions, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Kaup
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I planned on official rules for the base deck and no custom factions. I have Smash Up Full installed now, but if anyone thinks some other version is better I'm open to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin OKeefe
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Smash Up, but its not something I want to play competitively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H.
United States
Schertz
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did this ever happen?