Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Given, the concept of Vichy does not truly exists in T&T, but I stumbled into a situation where a well defended France was not falling, though NFA was left vacant and Italian troops from Tripoli marched straight into Algiers.

Now, the big difference is that if Algiers counts as a capitol of a "minor nation" the whole of NFA immediately converts to be Axis upon such occurrence. (Which is also relevant in terms of supply since if it is all Italian, they can trace from other sea zones too and not just off Algiers).
Otherwise the Axis should have to physically occupy each other region (Sfax, Algiers) if it is not a minor (before the fall of Paris)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kiertscher
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
Weltenbeherrscher
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a question or a statement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
A question!

I am not exactly one able yet to make statement on rules I feel!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Doesn't it seem logical that if Paris, Rome, or London fall, their local colonial administrations would continue independently?

Consider the controversial attack on Mers-el-K├ębir . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Natta
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's not what I asked.

What I asked is:

Axis seizes Algiers (Capital of NFA) and France is still France (Paris is in West hands).
Does the control of only and exclusively Algiers gives control of all the NFA territories?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
2.31 Colonies
Britain, France and Italy have Colonies
(sidebar), shown in a lighter
shade of their national color. They
have default control of Colonial Capitals
(and through that of unoccupied
Colonial Territory). Colonies are not
Home Territory (i.e., new Cadres cannot
be built there).

In particular, note "and through that of unoccupied Colonial Territory." This rule indicates there's essentially a control chain - the West controls the rest of FNA because it controls Algiers, not merely because it controls Paris. If the Axis takes Algiers, then, they get all of FNA (unless occupied by non-Axis troops).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see. So if, for instance, the Axis stages a successful invasion of Canada, it will get all unoccupied UK colonies, which could include Malta, Sudan, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Karachi, right? Sweet! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, why would they? Ottawa isn't the capital of those colonies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's my point.

Do the rules state what the capital of the UK colonies without capitals are? Do they need to be contiguous? Of what colonies is Suez the capitol?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im guessing the default is, for a territory/nation without a capitol, you control them by occupation only. For those with a capitol, you can take control of all their unnocupied territories one by one or by taking the capitol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Geoff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Evans
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
Im guessing the default is, for a territory/nation without a capitol, you control them by occupation only. For those with a capitol, you can take control of all their unoccupied territories one by one or by taking the capitol.

This is accurate. Though, we are changing up the second edition so that all colonies will have a capital. In fact, the only nation without a connected capital will be Albania (I think).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls