Silent Victory: U.S. Submarines in the Pacific, 1941-45» Forums » Rules

Subject: One crew KIA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the rule for a crew member who's KIA?

I've finished the patrol and I'm in port.

Any advice would be most welcome. Just finished my third patrol and loving it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
p18 [10.15] KIA crewmen are replaced immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathninja wrote:
p18 [10.15] KIA crewmen are replaced immediately.

So I just remove the marker? I don't need to roll or anything?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope.

Anyone with LW heals in the first month of refit, or is replaced if KIA, doesn't add to the refit time.

You roll for healing time if they're SW, and if that's longer than repairs then they're left behind and you get a fresh replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathninja wrote:
Nope.

Anyone with LW heals in the first month of refit, or is replaced if KIA, doesn't add to the refit time.

You roll for healing time if they're SW, and if that's longer than repairs then they're left behind and you get a fresh replacement.

Right. But since he's KIA he's not going to heal. I just take off his marker and that's him replaced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Pearson
England
Leicester
flag msg tools
Never drop a crate!
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Tucker
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathninja wrote:
Correct.

Awesome. Thanks!

I'm making some playthrough videos which I'll upload to YouTube, and to here, shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wedge
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ronnietucker wrote:
deathninja wrote:
Nope.

Right. But since he's KIA he's not going to heal. I just take off his marker and that's him replaced?

Yeah. The US Navy weren't keen on sending boats back to sea with dead officers on board. Bad for morale if they aren't replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wedgeij wrote:
ronnietucker wrote:
deathninja wrote:
Nope.

Yeah. The US Navy weren't keen on sending boats back to sea with dead officers on board. Bad for morale if they aren't replaced.

Lol not big Weekend at Bernies fans??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George P.E., PMP, DM
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Hourglass Realm D&D 5e Play by Forum (PbF) Campaign DM (we'd love to have you join us!)
badge
U.S.S. Tautog (SSN 639) doing an emergency blow with me on it (see profile for details)
mbmbmbmbmb
Wedgeij wrote:
ronnietucker wrote:
deathninja wrote:
Nope.

We just kept them in the freezer.

True story, we kept a suicide in our freezer - with the food - until we got off station.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Yoder
United States
GRANITE BAY
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When replacing crew members, you do get to roll 1d10 to see if he is an expert. See section 11.3.10.3. The more battle stars the better the odds.

As far as sailing back to sea with KIA, I believe the Black Pearl sailed with an entirely dead crew.arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls