Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Crissman
United States
Camp Hill
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So lets say you have a long range enemy ship and short range enemy ship in sector 1. You have damaged shields.
If the long range fires first you have the shields gone and the short range ship acts as boarders.
If the short range ships fires first you have the shields gone and the long range damages the hull.
Which way is correct?
Thematically the short range might fire would hit the ship/shields before the long range, I would think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Moore
United States
Vallejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Firing is simultaneous. If two ships from two sectors or firing in the ship they damage at the same time. For example a Klingon in sector blue and a rom in secure green each fire a shot the total damage is two. This two damage is applied at the same time on the shield. If the shield was already damaged the shield is removed either way but the extra damage does not carry over to the hull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mooreofryan wrote:
Firing is simultaneous. If two ships from two sectors or firing in the ship they damage at the same time. For example a Klingon in sector blue and a rom in secure green each fire a shot the total damage is two. This two damage is applied at the same time on the shield. If the shield was already damaged the shield is removed either way but the extra damage does not carry over to the hull.

Hmm I've been doing it completely wrong then. No wonder I get destroyed. I can understand simultaneously that would make it much easier to handle. I'll have to re-read the rules again just to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SgtTenor wrote:
mooreofryan wrote:

Hmm I've been doing it completely wrong then. No wonder I get destroyed. I can understand simultaneously that would make it much easier to handle. I'll have to re-read the rules again just to make sure.

Page 8, Threats Moving and Firing, second bullet point all in bold:

"Then, after resolving all movement in a facing, the Threats will fire SIMULTANEOUSLY at the Enterprise(see below)."

Also be careful about shield and hull damage... all damage done to a shield may destroy it but it doesn't "overflow" to the hull, and only damage to an already destroyed hull causes cards to be discarded... so worst case scenario is: 1st turn 2+ damage takes down the shield, second turn 2+ damage destroys the hull, 3rd turn damage results in cards being discarded... well, actually worse case is 2nd turn a boarding party destroys the hull and then 2nd turn firing causes cards to be discarded. The game as written isn't as harsh as it first seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donovan K. Loucks
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, to clarify, Boarders will only board if the shield is already down at the beginning of the Threats Move & Fire phase, before any ships have moved (or fired), since Boarding is a type of movement. Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls