Hide
7 Posts

Star Trek: Frontiers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elite Crew Members rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
raven demarco
msg tools
When do they become available? Are they added to the crew offer as additional crew or do they replace Regular Crew i.e. are slots added to contain the extra Elite Crew?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rothberg
United States
Farmingdale
Unspecified
flag msg tools
If the rules are anything like Mage Knight, and they are:

add cards when you attain new levels, so check that section of the rules, or when you train, so check that as well; and

usually you just add the cards. It is very specifically noted when existing cards from the deck are destroyed, and it is not that common. (caveat: I am waiting to read the rules until the other folks come over in a few hours to give the game its first play here, so I have not confirmed this logic)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Elite crew are integrated into the crew offer once you have explored core tiles. Just like in Mage Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Rothberg
United States
Farmingdale
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Ahhh, so like Gold Units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raven demarco
msg tools
Cool. So once I've explored a Core tile, do I fill ALL available slots in the Crew Offer with Elite Crew or a number of slots = the number of Core tiles (leaving the rest to be filled with Regular Crew)? Or does it add offer slots above and beyond the number I started the game with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darla Truitt
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
When the crew refresh (between rounds) if you had explored a core tile prior, then you would refresh starting with elite then every other crew would be elite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
raven demarco
msg tools
Just found it. Pg 4 of Full Rulebook under "Prepare the Round".

"If at least one Core Map tile has been revealed, alternate dealing Elite(gold) and Regular Crew Members. (Elite, Regular, Elite, etc.)"

Thanks guys. This rulebook is driving me nuts. Takes so long to hunt down rules clarifications. Everything is spread out everywhere. So much print. I'm sure it's laid out in a way that makes sense, just not to me...yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.