Subject: Action cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Uwe Heilmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi from Germany,

the Action cards are a decisive component of the game system.
Quite a few threads address those cards.
Maybe my list will help a bit or at least stir up some discussion.

Here are the first 7 card types.

ADVANCE
Case 1: Card played by soldier X as soldier X is moving into a location. The Entrance cost of the location entered by this move is reduced by the value listed on the card (there are different values existing).
Case 2: Card is played by soldier X as a soldier (other than soldier X) is moving into a location. Any soldier (X, the moving soldier, or any other) spends 1 XP. The Entrance cost of the location entered by this move is reduced by the value listed on the card (there are different values existing).

DOUBLE TAP
Sole case: Card played by soldier X as soldier X is about to conduct a Semi Attack at range 0. No dice roll required as the best possible result is automatically achieved.
Note: do not forget to include any penetration bonus of the weapon used. This way, a Double Tap could become an armor crusher.

KICK IN THE DOOR
Case 1: Card played by soldier X as soldier X is moving into a structure location. For this move, soldier X may ignore any Entrance cost penalties of hostiles in the location in question.
Case 2: Card is played by soldier X as a soldier (other than soldier X) is moving into a structure location. Any soldier (X, the moving soldier, or any other) spends 1 XP. The moving soldier may ignore any Entrance cost penalties of hostiles in the location in question.

RELOADING
Case 1: Card played by soldier X in order to reload one of her/his weapons. Soldier X does not spend an action for this activity.
Case 2: Card is played by soldier X as a soldier (other than soldier X) wants to reload one of her/his weapons. Any soldier (X, the soldier with the emptied clip, or any other) spends 1 XP. The "reloading" soldier does so without spending an action for it.

SCAVENGER
Case 1: Soldier X spends 1 action and plays this card. Prerequisite: soldier X must be in a location free of hostiles. Scavenger cannot be played in the first or objective location. Soldier X rolls 1d6 to determine the result of her/his check.
Case 2: Any soldier (could be soldier X) spends an action and soldier X plays the card. Any soldier (X, the soldier that just spent an action, or any other) spends 1 XP. The soldier who spent the action (note the prerequisite as listed under case 1) rolls 1d6 twice and selects one of the results.

SNIPER SUPPORT
Sole case: Soldier X plays the card and discards the required number of Action cards from her/his hand. Once played, the team may used it once during the on-going soldier turn to have the sniper conduct a deadly attack. The target may be freely selected (any location), but it must be (A) A Hostile card (i.e. not any objective target); (B) The Hostile card must be of XP value 0 or 1.
The target will automatically suffer 1 EKIA. If this would remove the Hostile card, no XP are given to any soldier.
During the Retain phase, any number of soldiers must pay the given amount of XP to keep the sniper in play for the next game turn.
Note: there are different values both for the Support and the Retain costs.

STEADY AIM
Case 1: Soldier X plays the card as she/he is about to conduct a Range attack. This attack roll will be increased by the given card value. Note: there are different values.
Case 2: Soldier X plays the card as she/he is about to conduct a Range attack. Any soldier (X, or any other) spends 1 XP. The attack roll will be increased by the given bracketed card value. Note: there are different values.

Could be continued.

Cheers
U.L.H.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A couple I have slightly altered is
1 camouflage I pay 1Xp per enemy that is screening the target same for focus skill. Always griped me that if I playing a 29 point game with one hostile screening or a 129pt game with 10 hostiles screening one xp ignored the lot.
2 Break contact the 3xp removes up to 3 hostiles starting with the lowest value I pay extra xp for each one above 3. My logic behind this it is easier to break contact with the poorer trained troops ie 0 first where as elite 4 value are going to be the last to lose contact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.