Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
So, in one of the interviews on here that I saw for the expansion, they mentioned a haunt called "Make America Disintegrate Again", which dealt with an evil politician. Obviously, this is a jab to Donald Trump's campaign, but it still gets me wondering what the storyline and the traitor's endgame for the haunt is. My guess: it deals with nuclear missile launch codes and trying to instigate a nuclear war with a nearby country for mutual annihilation.

Also, since this and the Camcorder item card/"Director's Cut" haunt seem to indicate with the above that it takes cues from current events and pop culture and whatnot, who wants to bet that there's going to be a haunt based on Five Nights at Freddy's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
Forsyth
Il
flag msg tools
mbmb
I won't lie, that sounds like a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel there's been a few horror media cycles that could be tapped for this. Since the first version, we've had:

the Saw series,
the Paranormal Activity series,
another zombie boom,
slasher remake cycle,
videogames designed for streaming/jump scares,
paranormal romance boom,
slender man/creepypasta stuff (Marble Hornets, etc.)...

This is just in current horror, too. I haven't played or read through the first 50 scenarios, but how broad a field do those tropes pull from? There was some stuff checking off werewolf/vampire/mummy classics list, but some of the stuff felt like 70s/80s Fulci flicks.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
like the one with the haunted ballroom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Adkins
msg tools
Turns out, some of the haunts do reference horror tropes and other things:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Make America Disintegrate Again IS about a corrupt politician, but one that turns out to be an undead lich trying to win the presidency in order to take over the world (an obvious jab at Trump's campaign); one of the haunts mimicks "The Purge", one of them I think might reference Five Nights at Freddy's, and one of the haunts has you getting sucked into a copy of Betrayal, and having to play the game all over again, likely a reference to Wil Wheaton's suggestion of the heroes in the game finding a copy of the game in the Game Room and playing it during Tabletop's playthrough of Betrayal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
United States
flag msg tools
badge
So, the game is out now and people have had a chance to play it. Did this haunt actually bring about the end times as promised?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls