Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
That game wasn't half bad...
badge
...no, it was ALL bad! Dohohoho!!
mbmbmb
I've devoured all the great resources available for this game in order to learn it before I teach and play it for the first time, which should happen next weekend. I've watched the videos by both David Minken (ConnectMore) and Rahdo, and downloaded and read through their supplemental files a handful of times, as well as referenced them with the official rulebook when I was able. Thank you both so much for the work you've put in, and to those who have been active in these forums (including the creators) to answer questions!

I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone will see. In advance, thanks for any and all help!

1. When Richard regains majority in a liberated area (but with no leader), is the loss of all hope instant or not until the end of the round if it isn't regained? Rahdo's and ConnectMore's materials have conflicting direction on this. They both say that it's not until the end of the round if there IS a leader, but Rahdo's summary indicates that it's instantaneous if it's liberated but has no leader (David's say 'end of round' for both, and the rulebook doesn't differentiate enough to be clear).

2. Do you discard Jester for 1VP at the end of Round 3 during scoring? Or just round 6? Edit: answered. You may do this, which makes a lot more sense.

3. Are Glory (Battle) tokens really scored in both Round 3 and Round 6 scoring? That would make tokens gained in rounds 1-3 worth double those acquired later. The rules are actually clear about this one, as far as I know. It just seems counterintuitive, is all.

4. Do uncompleted quests in the Quill slots move the Quill marker at the end of Round 6, or is that mechanic ignored at the end of the game? I think it has to do with whether or not that particular mechanic takes place in the Prep Phase (which in this case, would be in the nonexistent Round 7), but haven't been able to find confirmation.

I think that's everything. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls