Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I know that Stonemier will be selling the extra copied of the Collectors edition. But that also means that chances are I wont be able to get a copy because it will get sold out almost immediately.

I found someone thats selling a copy for $250 with free shipping and and debating on buying it. I want the KS Collectors edition....

Im curious if the game is worth the money. Im not against paying a lot ofr a good game, I paid the after KS early bird price for Kingdom Death, then got all the expansions at MSRP... so ive spent about $1400 on KDM and have no regrets, I love the game.

Im bummed because I didnt find Scythe untill 2 days after the Kickstarter.

I know I can wait at get the base game at MSRP, but I want the metal coins, im a sucker for metal coins. The special resources are a plus but not really required.

Opinions. The guy has it available now and it would come in around the 17th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are over 12,000 CE's of Scythe (if you count the Art edition as a CE... which you should). I'm sure if you are patient, you will be able to get one at cost, maybe a bit more but probably a little less.

If you're dying to play it *RIGHT NOW* and know nobody that's getting it and the disposable cash, go for it. I just wouldn't consider it a good investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stonemaier does not make KS exclusives, so pretty much everything in the Collector's Edition will make its way into retail eventually. Take that into account.

But if you MUST have it NOW (or ASAP around the 17th), then I don't know why you need anyone's opinion to go for it. As someone who ponied up the $$$ to get into KDM all in, post KS, it seems like you already made up your mind regarding Scythe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See that's the point, I haven't made up my mind about the game however I didn't know there were that many Collector's Editions left so I suppose I will just wait and hope I get a copy. My biggest worry is I will wait then the price of all of the games are going to Skyrocket if I don't get a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
You obviously have the ability to buy whatever you want, I'm surpirised you are even hesitating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have infinite money, get on Steam, download Tabletopia, and play the game. Then you will know. $10
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Murphy
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose the question to ask yourself is do you want a numbered box. That is the only thing that will be limited. Otherwisee the metal coins, factory promo cards, extra faction dials, and custom resources will all be available for normal retail. If it helps though for the highest pledge level of the project (with comes with everything I said above as well as an art book) has a retail value of $202, so $250 isn't much more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renato Tavares
Brazil
Goiânia
Goiás
flag msg tools
Playing 'til death!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
If you have infinite money, get on Steam, download Tabletopia, and play the game. Then you will know. $10

What??? Really???? I am loading Steam right now! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont get how you people think I have all this money. I saved up for Kingdom Death and sold a bunch of shit. Money is a big factor.

Im saying I dont have a problem spending top dollar on a top dollar game.

However I was under the impression that the collectors edition was limited to the Kickstarter backers only, I didnt know that was getting a retail version as well. If so I will definitely wait.

Money will always be an issue, I was going to sell a few old games to a friend to get the money (ones I haven't played in a while)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't spend $250 on a single game. Wait patiently and play other games in your collection. Eventually you'll be able to get everything for Scythe. The only reason you want it right now is because it's the cult of the new. Let cult of the new shift to the next big thing and then buy it at a reasonable price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
United States
Palm Bay
Florida
flag msg tools
They had collectores editions of viticulture / Tuscany around for a good while after they came out. I bet you will be able to find it online around august or sep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Lurcook
United States
Kingsport
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Heres to hoping I can get my hands on a CE copy. But ill wait.

As for cult of the new... I review games, so I have to follow cult of the new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

CE isn't exactly available "retail" unless a shop also backed the KS. What's exclusive is the individual numbering on the box. The rest of the stuff (realistic resources, metal coins, etc.) will be available in the retail market -- you'll just have to buy them separately. So, you'll get the Collector's experience without having to buy it as a Collector's pack.

That's my understanding, anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
badge
I have Overtext!
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
WolfVonhinslik wrote:

CE isn't exactly available "retail" unless a shop also backed the KS. What's exclusive is the individual numbering on the box. The rest of the stuff (realistic resources, metal coins, etc.) will be available in the retail market -- you'll just have to buy them separately. So, you'll get the Collector's experience without having to buy it as a Collector's pack.

That's my understanding, anyways.

That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
No.

I agree, there's no game I've seen so far where dying is an acceptable price for getting the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phelanpt wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
No.

I agree, there's no game I've seen so far where dying is an acceptable price for getting the game.

What about the game of life? In that you always die at the end .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Wow.
This thread got pretty $%!#ing real all the sudden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark63 wrote:
Wow.
This thread got pretty $%!#ing real all the sudden.

We're just joking around. I'm very sorry if my joke was in poor taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WolfVonhinslik wrote:
I dont get how you people think I have all this money. I saved up for Kingdom Death and sold a bunch of shit. Money is a big factor.

Im saying I dont have a problem spending top dollar on a top dollar game.

However I was under the impression that the collectors edition was limited to the Kickstarter backers only, I didnt know that was getting a retail version as well. If so I will definitely wait.

Money will always be an issue, I was going to sell a few old games to a friend to get the money (ones I haven't played in a while)

People might get the impression that money is no object because you spent $1,400 on one game. There's very few people that do that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail version of Scythe--the version we'll be making from now on--will reach retailers in August. We will also have a small number of excess copies of the KS games and accessories available in August after fulfillment is complete. You can see our prices for those items on our webpage or on the chart below:http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
99% of a board game's life is spent sitting on a shelf. It's only played 1% of the time. Make friends with someone who has a copy. Be up for playing it with them.

Same game experience as owning the game, without having to store it on your shelf.

When other players like games more than me, it's pretty typical for me to sell it to them since they enjoy it more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls