Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
30 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: 2016 Summer Phoenix No Ship Math Trade Discussion Forum rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Use this thread to discuss or comment on the trade or ask questions.

The thread for the Math Trade itself is here:

2016 Summer Phoenix No Ship Math Trade
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI - Tucson folks, I will arrange to meet up with Greykin so you don't need to vote.

3 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the discussion has been taking place in the geeklist itself but I thought I would add this here anyways.

Take a good look at your want lists and consider expanding them. Trades are a good way to get games that you might not normally buy. If more people go in with this attitude more trades are likely to happen. I have gone in and added games that I only know a little bit about myself.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pasquale
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Another option is we could have the trade exchange at my house (near 56th Street and Shea) on August 20, followed by an afternoon and evening of open gaming.
3 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LittlePegasus wrote:

Another option is we could have the trade exchange at my house (near 56th Street and Shea) on August 20, followed by an afternoon and evening of open gaming.

Well the poll would have to be redone but having gaming afterwards, very tempting. Of course not all of us might end up trading. cry
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phillip wilson
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I voted the first option to avoid Malls. fine with the 20th at Ricks. Never heard of Maricopacon until this trade.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My apologies for the multiple polls. Thanks to Rick for offering up his house and gaming afterwards on the 20th. Please respond.

Poll
Rick has graciously offered his house for trading & games on August 20th. I wanted to include it in the poll.

Where and when would you like the Phoenix No Ship Math Trade to take place?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
8/13 - Noon to 1 PM @ Paul's House (56th Street & Cactus)
27.3% 6
8/20 - 1 PM - 2 PM @ Rick's House followed by gaming (56th Street & Shea)
50.0% 11
8/20 - 10 AM to 11 PAM @ Steele Indian School Park
4.5% 1
I'm in Tucson and I'll be meeting up with Greykin to trade & pickup with him
18.2% 4
I can't make any of these and will arrange to meet people on my own if I am successful trading my games.
0.0% 0
Voters 22
If we do make a change to do the exchange at Rick's house on 8/20, would you be able to make it?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
75.0% 15
No
10.0% 2
Not sure
15.0% 3
Voters 20
This poll is now closed.   24 answers
Poll created by gtogixxer
Closes: Mon Aug 8, 2016 6:00 am
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo - results submitted! And now...10 days!?!? Oh the waiting!!!!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeTuna wrote:
Woohoo - results submitted! And now...10 days!?!? Oh the waiting!!!!

This is the important part, everyone be sure that you submit your want lists before the deadline. If you are adding more than one copy of a game to increase your chances of getting a game make sure that you use duplicate protection otherwise you might get two copies.

Most importantly ask any question you have. Everyone wants these trades to go smoothly so better to ask now instead of after the results are posted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Pasquale
United States
Paradise Valley
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxer Santaros wrote:


This is the important part, everyone be sure that you submit your want lists before the deadline. If you are adding more than one copy of a game to increase your chances of getting a game make sure that you use duplicate protection otherwise you might get two copies.

Most importantly ask any question you have. Everyone wants these trades to go smoothly so better to ask now instead of after the results are posted.


In addition to those good tips, note that according to OLWLG two items were deleted, they were formerly items #18 and #19. Some games were also withdrawn from the trade prior to the July 27 deadline, their titles now appear in OLWLG as "Altname: item withdrawn" in all but two cases. The other two withdrawn items are #44 Pathfinder - Skull and Shackles and #65 The Ancient World. Anyone who began their OLWLG preparation early, must double check that these changes did not throw off their selections.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Hurst
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Those were my deletions. My fault. The last big math trade I was in allowed deletions, and I didn't thoroghly read the rules. Sorry for anyone that this affected.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's okay Chad. I think we'll be alright. Hopefully no one did their lists super early.

I deliberately made the time frames long since this was our first attempt at running one of these in the Phoenix area.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Koenig
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
So, I followed the guide on using duplicate protection but when I created the dummies, the system messed up all of my existing check boxes and put them all out of place. What do I do now? I don't want to have to restart everything all over again as it took a long time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tunison
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Get your finger out of my face!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
i_am_davester wrote:
So, I followed the guide on using duplicate protection but when I created the dummies, the system messed up all of my existing check boxes and put them all out of place. What do I do now? I don't want to have to restart everything all over again as it took a long time.

You'll want to set up duplicate protection before checking any boxes for the duplicate items. I don't think I've ever seen it mess up existing checks, but you don't want any checks on the duplicate items, just the dummies, so you'll need to uncheck and recheck everything.

My process is to get my list fairly finalized, then set up duplicate protection, then start checking boxes. And I always use a plugin such as checkboxmate for Firefox which makes checking hundreds of boxes WAY easier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gtogixxer wrote:
That's okay Chad. I think we'll be alright. Hopefully no one did their lists super early.

I deliberately made the time frames long since this was our first attempt at running one of these in the Phoenix area.

Speaking of time frames the first post still specifies the end time for want lists as "tentatively August 7th at 8PM" is that now a hard time or has it been moved?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a hard stop time. I will clear that up as well as update the exchange date to 8/20.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
*** UPDATE 8/7/16 ***

Math trade results are posted. Sadly 10% of the participants did not get their want lists submitted in time and we had a low trade rate of 8.5%.

Exchange is on 8/20. I will follow up in a few days to coordinate logistics.

*** UPDATE 8/7/16 ***


If anyone that successfully traded is in Tucson, please PM me so we can coordinate with Greykin. Thanks.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis M
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
No trades for me, but thanks for running this trade (and thanks to Greykin for offering his service to us here in Tucson). Slightly disappointing turnout in trades, but seems to have some popularity as a potentially reoccurring event if organizing it isn't too difficult.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gtogixxer wrote:
Math trade results are posted. Sadly 10% of the participants did not get their want lists submitted in time and we had a low trade rate of 8.5%.


Note - COWHOLLOW added a whopping 71 games (18% of the total) near the end of submissions (without much description on the majority). He only traded one game. That impacts the results. FezAZ didn't submit any lists for his 24 games which didn't help either. The two had nearly 1/4 off the games in the list
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Fred
United States
Southwest
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
gtogixxer wrote:
Math trade results are posted. Sadly 10% of the participants did not get their want lists submitted in time and we had a low trade rate of 8.5%.


Note - COWHOLLOW added a whopping 71 games (18% of the total) near the end of submissions (without much description on the majority). He only traded one game. That impacts the results. FezAZ didn't submit any lists for his 24 games which didn't help either. The two had nearly 1/4 off the games in the list

I thought I had submitted. Distracted by Gencon I guess. Sorry about that. I had some big games that would have been expensive to ship so it would have been nice to trade...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes what happens after the main trade is a leftovers trade. Not sure if it would be worth the work here with such a low percentage, but lots of people are new to the Math trade. Maybe we need another poll.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You asked for it, here it is!

2016 Summer Phoenix 2nd Chance No Ship Math Trade

3 Days to list, 3 days to finalize wants!

Discussion Forum:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
You've got to give the crowd what they want... Another unscientific poll!
I am going to participate in the 2nd Chance Math Trade!
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
90.9% 10
No
9.1% 1
What's a Math Trade?
0.0% 0
Voters 11
(Answer ONLY if you were successful in trading a game the first time around.)

Will you make it Rick's on 8/20 @ 1 PM for the trade?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes - and I'm staying to game afterwards!
37.5% 3
Yes - but I won't be able to stay and game
12.5% 1
No - but I'm in Tucson and am going to work it out with Greykin and GTOGixxer
37.5% 3
No - I'm going to work it out directly with my trade partners
12.5% 1
Voters 8
If you are successful in trading a game for the 2nd chance math trade, will you make it to Rick's on August 20th @ 1 PM?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes - and I'm staying to game afterwards!
37.5% 3
Yes - but I won't be able to stay and game
25.0% 2
No - but I'm in Tucson and am going to work it out with Greykin and GTOGixxer
37.5% 3
No - I'm going to work it out directly with my trade partners
0.0% 0
Voters 8
This poll is now closed.   11 answers
Poll created by gtogixxer
Closes: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:00 am
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Castellanos
United States
phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Nothing to see here
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gtogixxer wrote:
*** UPDATE 8/7/16 ***

Math trade results are posted. Sadly 10% of the participants did not get their want lists submitted in time and we had a low trade rate of 8.5%.

Exchange is on 8/20. I will follow up in a few days to coordinate logistics.

*** UPDATE 8/7/16 ***


If anyone that successfully traded is in Tucson, please PM me so we can coordinate with Greykin. Thanks.


Not to rush you but is there anything people who got a trade should be doing or are we waiting on instructions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul / PHX Gamer
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Boxer Santaros wrote:
gtogixxer wrote:
*** UPDATE 8/7/16 ***

Math trade results are posted. Sadly 10% of the participants did not get their want lists submitted in time and we had a low trade rate of 8.5%.

Exchange is on 8/20. I will follow up in a few days to coordinate logistics.

*** UPDATE 8/7/16 ***


If anyone that successfully traded is in Tucson, please PM me so we can coordinate with Greykin. Thanks.


Not to rush you but is there anything people who got a trade should be doing or are we waiting on instructions?

I've got a spreadsheet started and will finalize it once round 2 is over. Essentially I will contact everyone and have them indicate if they are going to do the trade at Rick's or are making their own arrangements. Those going to Rick's will need to geekmail him to get his address. For those in Tucson, I will discuss the logistics with Susan this weekend and then coordinate with Greykin.

You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |