Massive Darkness» Forums » General

Subject: Add ons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RevTDog
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am overwhelmed many times by Kickstarter campaigns and I am never sure of what add ons are good and what makes them good. MD is my first Kickstarter to back. I was overwhelmed with BP and others from CMoN games. What are some of the opinions of some of the community about MD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Glickman
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Just the ZBP crossover. The two(?) boxes with additional classes also seem pretty good, but I expect we have enough content to last a long time even without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have Black Plague, the crossover pack is absolutely brilliant value - if you're getting MD, there's no real reason to buy it.

Beyond that, there's really not that much that's leaping out at me. I'mprobably going to get a second set of dice, just to make life easier, but everything else looks like it might as well wait for retail - allows me the option to actually play the game and see how I like it, and I expect I'll be able to get it for close enough to the same price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dafrca
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revtdog wrote:
What are some of the opinions of some of the community about MD?

One of the best parts of the MD KS is they have not made too many KSE add-on items. If you plan to ever own the Zombicide Black Plague then the cross over is a must have. But other than that the rest are what do you want when the game ships vs waiting for retail.

I got the basic pledge, the cross over (I own ZBP already), and the plastic token set (I love plastic tokens). Then I am going to buy one of the hero & roamer sets and maybe one of the item just to have the added options when I get the game. But that is something I want to do, not that I think is needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamal khurshid
Pakistan
flag msg tools
mb
Here is how I see it priority wise:

ZCideBP cross set: essential if you have ZCideBP if not then skip. This set allows you to get more Mobs which are dearly neaded as most of the SGs are roaming monsters. Priority high if as mentioned you have or plan to get ZcideBp.

Hero boxes: you get 1 more class in each box and some great looking heroes + a roaming monster. We don't need these 2 boxes as we have plenty atm as SGs. But if you do buy one box the other in my opinion becomes a must buy. As both boxes have a class that has a Alt hero in the other box( I see what you did there cmon) priority: medium. If you must buy then buy both or none.

Extra Dice set: don't want to pass dice around the table? Well get more Dice. If that is not a problem skip. Consider this as Bling. Priority low.

Plastic tokens: More Bling. Priority low unless you like bling.

3D pack doors and bridge: very good optional buy. I won't get it as I'll be using ZCideBP 3D door set. But if you don't have 3D doors then get it. Brings a lot of depth to the table. And can be used for different games. Yes this is bling too but a more practice bling than the other 2 Bling options. Priority high.

Elementals set: priority low if you are backing MD. As we are getting more than we need roaming monsters as SGs. You don't need more. For retail buyers later this will be a good way to increase roaming monster variety. But we atm are not retail buyers. So at the momment priority: low. An easy skip esp considering the hefty 40$.

Ratlings: I personally hate the way they look.( nothing against rattling I like them but I just don't like these minis) But any ways doesn't matter what I think. If you can't utilize ZCideBP cross set then this is a cheap option to muster up the enemy mob units. This is another easy skip, be it because you don't like the way they look or otherwise.

3D pillars pack + troglodytes: both you get as SGs if you plan to have more for what ever reason then go ahead but let's face it better to get the other optional buys rather than getting more of the same stuff. Priority: very low

So as you can see most of the optional buy this time are not really essential as the case with most other KS campaigns. Like in ZCideBP the Wolfsburg + doors + Skelton archers + npcs and many more were kind of asking to be bought. But This time the optional buys really are optional buys. If you are willing to depart with more money then go ahead other wise none are needed.

I will def get Zcide cross set as I gain a lot from that. And might go for 2 hero boxes( still haven't increased pledge still thinking) the rest so far I don't think I need. Hope this helped you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're a miniatures collector, the 3D packs are a good price. I can't find bridges at this price for miniatures, and you're going to want matching pillars whenever you make a long "King's Hallway" with your game tiles. The doors and chests are good practice for painting. You can also use the door for Z:BP and other dungeoncrawls, and the chests as objectives (although you already get 15 chests as SG's).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with what others have said. I would absolutely buy the Z:BP add-on if you have Z:BP, but even if you don't own the game now I would absolutely still get it. It is a KS exclusive, it will add a lot to the game (even if you proxy hero and monster minis) and is very reasonably priced at $8. Worst case you can sell or trade it later. There is no way to lose with this add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Philippe Thériault
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely love my Zombicide BP plastic tokens so I am getting those again. I would get the doors but already have the ZBP ones so I would only do it for the bridges, which is not good enough value for me. And of course the Zombicide BP crossover.

Everything else is going to be retail so I want to play a bunch and make sure it is going to hit the table before getting ratlings, more heroes or roaming monsters. We are getting so much extra content of this type already from the KS that I am not in a hurry to get the extra stuff. Retail people will definitely enjoy those though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Tonio wrote:
I would absolutely buy the Z:BP add-on if you have Z:BP, but even if you don't own the game now I would absolutely still get it.

That!

Z:BP Crossover is a must-buy, regardless of whether you have Z:BP or not.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zamora
msg tools
I'm new to Kickstarter and Cool Mini Kick starter campains as well. Just wondering if all the optional add-ons are going to be available on retail.
i'm already up to $300 and i'm still not sure if i should get the elemental set now but i'm kinda scared not to get it because i'm bot sure what is going to be sold at retail later. Sorry if the questions are stupid but i just kinda got overwhelmed by all add-ons they were releasing i thought i wouldn't spend more then $200 but it really crept up. h

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zamora
msg tools
Oh ok, Thanks for the info. I probably just got too excited because its my first kick starter campaign. I'm thinking my shipping fee is pretty big.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nutt
United Kingdom
Linlithgow
West Lothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said:

With the base pledge you get:

-Base game and a bunch of exclusive roaming monsters
-The Troglodyte minion groups expansion box (will be at retail)
-2 Hero boxes (each with 3 heroes, a new class and a roaming monster)
-1 3D terrain pack to replace column and chest cardboard tokens with

The add-ons:
-Rat minion group expansion, same as the Trog box more or less
-Spear Maiden and Hellephant hero boxes, similar to the 2 above hero boxes
-Elementals box is 4 roamers. Not great value due to us getting 20 roamers with the base pledge.
-Zombicide add-on, exclusive and well worth it to add another minion group to your game for only $8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.