Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if I had a citadel removed from a battle does the whole piece go away and now it's empty or do I replace it with a allied tribe disk?

I assume it's removed completely and not replaced, but what if it was voluntary on your turn, and boy from a battle. IE you already have your citadels on the board, but want to place one elsewhere. 1st, i assume you can do this. 2nd, does the citadel removed get replaced withthe allied tribe disk that was removed for the new citadel?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Citadels are removed if they take a loss and fail the die roll (or are removed without rolling for any reason) rather than replaced.

As per rule 1.4.1 you may replace a citadel with an ally whenever you are allowed to voluntarily remove a piece (you may also still simply remove the citadel)

Not quite sure I understand the last question completely, but I'll try: When you reduce a citadel to an ally it doesn't matter which disk you use to replace it. However, in the rare case that you have placed all allies and citadels on the board but want to move a citadel to a different spot you would have to first remove a citadel from the map (no ally available to replace it, so it will become a subdued tribe) and then upgrade another ally, placing it's disk on your available forces sheet.
As far as I know you can't make the ally and citadel swap places, but will actually end up with one less piece on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Curtis
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Citadels are removed if they take a loss and fail the die roll (or are removed without rolling for any reason) rather than replaced.

As per rule 1.4.1 you may replace a citadel with an ally whenever you are allowed to voluntarily remove a piece (you may also still simply remove the citadel)

Not quite sure I understand the last question completely, but I'll try: When you reduce a citadel to an ally it doesn't matter which disk you use to replace it. However, in the rare case that you have placed all allies and citadels on the board but want to move a citadel to a different spot you would have to first remove a citadel from the map (no ally available to replace it, so it will become a subdued tribe) and then upgrade another ally, placing it's disk on your available forces sheet.
As far as I know you can't make the ally and citadel swap places, but will actually end up with one less piece on the board.

Thanks! That's exactly what i was wondering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a couple solo games, so I could have missed it in the rules, but when would you reduce a Citadel to an Ally?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
I've only played a couple solo games, so I could have missed it in the rules, but when would you reduce a Citadel to an Ally?
It's part of voluntary removal of pieces; You don't have to remove your influence from the tribe completely, but can simply remove the fortifications etc that represent the citadels.
I doubt it will happen often, but when you have placed all your citadels on the map and realize later that another spot would be more useful for one of them would be an example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Hahma wrote:
When you have placed all your citadels on the map, but realize later that another spot would be more useful for one of them would be an example.
I doubt it will happen often.

So in that case, you wouldn't just remove the Citadel, you would remove it and replace it with an Ally if there is one available?

Hmmm... that's cool, though like you said, it likely won't happen much.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls