Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received the expansion and got the extra pack of cards intended to replace existing cards. I replaced the dragon cards;that makes sense to ensure the old and new cards having matching backs and print quality.

I can't figure out why I'd need to replace the battle cards. As far as I can tell, they're the same number and same cards. There aren't any "new" ones that need to match up. I'm not complaining; extra cards are nice, but is there a practical reason I should swap out the replacement battle cards?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Cool. My puppy destroyed a few battle cards during our first play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MHindmarch wrote:
Cool. My puppy destroyed a few battle cards during our first play.

Brown dragon bite attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Cush1978 wrote:
I just received the expansion and got the extra pack of cards intended to replace existing cards. I replaced the dragon cards;that makes sense to ensure the old and new cards having matching backs and print quality.

I can't figure out why I'd need to replace the battle cards. As far as I can tell, they're the same number and same cards. There aren't any "new" ones that need to match up. I'm not complaining; extra cards are nice, but is there a practical reason I should swap out the replacement battle cards?

Thanks!

There was a slight color difference between the battle and advanced battle card backs. So we replaced the cards. Most people don't notice, but if you're hardcore competitive with the game, the replacement cards are better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bishop
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I didn't notice. Thanks for the clarification. I play with clear sleeves, but it's not competitive enough to notice or care. I may swap them for posterity's sake. I did keep the foil cards from the original KS bonus and I don't see much of a difference between those backs and the new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls