Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » General

Subject: Complex odds rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have anyone thinking of try to make a more dynamic and complex odds list depending om the skill level of the different combatants when betting for winning and loosing. A list that compares starting dice and make the odds more realistic maybe? Would it break the game or make it even more awesome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
running an off map book between players would be possible, but entirely between the players. This would also be outside the 3 coins limit I expect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
.This would also be outside the 3 coins limit I expect.

It's a great idea. but could seriously affect the game balance, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
running an off map book between players would be possible, but entirely between the players. This would also be outside the 3 coins limit I expect.
Yes and no, maybe just the ods change, so when a starting slave goes up against a high end gladiator, the ods for the slave to win maybe shoudl not be the same as for the gladiator (1:1).
ALso if play with variable odds I guess items also effect the odds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm your huckleberry
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agreed. If money can pass hands at anytime, private bets should be permitted....whoever holds the money for the private bet would of course be under no obligation to return it if they lose (a bit of a poor move but completely within the spirit of the show/game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm your huckleberry
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mark, let's try it in our next game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok it seems cool to be the own betting house for other players, very nice idea.

But it should be possibple to make an table on different odds depending on the difference between the two combatants in the arena aswell

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always wondered why decapitation and injury were both 2:1 odds. Decapitation doesn't happen as much as injury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.