Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower» Forums » General

Subject: white Dwarf addons? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there was some WQST stuff in White dwarf 120/121..but any idea when were supposed to be getting any "addons etc"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
I know there was some WQST stuff in White dwarf 120/121..but any idea when were supposed to be getting any "addons etc"

Nothing confirmed at the moment. The magazine is going back to a monthly format in September, and I am hoping that might give them more space for supporting their board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevinthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
What was in 120/121? I am not a subscriber, clearly, and I just discovered this game recently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
tootz wrote:
What was in 120/121? I am not a subscriber, clearly, and I just discovered this game recently.

There was a single character card for a new hero - plague lord.

The other content was so you could use the Silver Tower models in the Age of Sigmar war game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
martimer wrote:
tootz wrote:

The other content was so you could use the Silver Tower models in the Age of Sigmar war game.
Thanks. Do you know which issue had the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
martimer wrote:
tootz wrote:

Thanks. Do you know which issue had the card?

Issue 121.

Just to clarify - it wasn't a physical card. It was something you had to cut out and paste to card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Cereal packet is Ideal."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or just print out on thick paper or thin card..fold down the side and put in a sleeve ..wallah !!! magic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
or just print out on thick paper or thin card..fold down the side and put in a sleeve ..wallah !!! magic

Fold down the side? If you think they printed a back to the card. Think again

Of course scanning it and printing is an option, but that wasn't my point. I just wanted to make sure people understood it was a "cutout" and not a physical card included with the magazine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary gee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
tootz wrote:

Of course scanning it and printing is an option, but that wasn't my point. I just wanted to make sure people understood it was a "cutout" and not a physical card included with the magazine.
yep your right Kevin.got it mixed up with something else!.

I think I just scanned it onto card.i will wait and see if a back comes out for it.but its no big deal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tootz wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
tootz wrote:

yep your right Kevin.got it mixed up with something else!.

I think I just scanned it onto card.i will wait and see if a back comes out for it.but its no big deal

There is a template floating around in the forums somewhere that you can download to make the back of the card. You might have to search around a bit, because there is no files section for GW games.

By the way, the first monthly White Dwarf will (apparently) come "with our most amazing cover mount ever – a special gift to you to celebrate the glorious return of monthly White Dwarf."

Could be anything. Almost certainly won't be Silver Tower related. But thought I would mention it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a new version of the White Dwarf character, riding the corpses of his past incarnations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
It's a new version of the White Dwarf character, riding the corpses of his past incarnations.

Oh, like a Highlander mini-game? There can be only one Grombrindal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
Issue 121.

Just to clarify - it wasn't a physical card. It was something you had to cut out and paste to card.
Would it be possible to get a scan of the card from someone? I cannot seem to find issue 121 locally. I can buy a copy on Ebay but it seems to cost nearly $30 with shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can buy a pdf of the whole issue for 2 to 3 bucks on the GW website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DegenerateElite wrote:
You can buy a pdf of the whole issue for 2 to 3 bucks on the GW website.
And the world just passes me by... I used to think of those sorts of things by myself. The last time I "dealt with" GW they were hostile to online documents as part of their trademark protection fights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like the first monthly issue may have something of interest re Silver Tower:

"...this issue is a boxed game special, bringing you 24 pages of rules for no less than 9 different games!"

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/White-Dwarf-September-2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rufus stone wrote:
It looks like the first monthly issue may have something of interest re Silver Tower:

"...this issue is a boxed game special, bringing you 24 pages of rules for no less than 9 different games!"

Silver tower is definitely getting some content. And the free gift chaos warrior has a stat card in the Silver Tower app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
rufus stone wrote:

Silver tower is definitely getting some content. And the free gift chaos warrior has a stat card in the Silver Tower app.

This issue sounds like a 'must have' purchase given the inclusion of the mini but any word on future issues? Is it time to take out a subscription or do you think that it might be a bit optimistic to hope that there will something for Silver Tower each month?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rufus stone wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
rufus stone wrote:

This issue sounds like a 'must have' purchase given the inclusion of the mini but any word on future issues? Is it time to take out a subscription or do you think that it might be a bit optimistic to hope that there will something for Silver Tower each month?

I am holding off on the sub until I have seen a few more issues, but at the moment I feel like a sub is on the cards for me.

This first issue is an instant buy for the cover miniature (that dude retails for £18!), and coverage for games (including Space Hulk).

I have seen rumours that there will be more free gifts on the cover of the next few issues, and that content for board games is going to be a regular thing (very much doubt every game will get content every month though).

But who knows? The rumours have been on the money so far, but I guess it all depends on how these first issues go down.

Did anybody pick up the Getting Started with Age of Sigmar magazine they put out last month? I strongly recommend it for anyone interested in learning more about Sigmar, GW, painting, or just looking at pretty pictures (and getting a Sigmarine figure on the cover). If White Dwarf is up to that quality of content, it's good times ahead.

(Oh, and one other thing - I first subbed to White Dwarf in the days when battle reports didn't have photographs. It was all hand-drawn maps and artwork. I loved those reports, and they became one of my favourite parts of the magazine as they became more of a feature. In later years, the reports got less interesting, with less in-depth analysis and content. This new issue has 14 pages dedicated to a battle report. That's the sort of thing that has got me excited to read the magazine, after years of not really caring.)

EDIT: The extra content for Silver Tower in the September issue includes rules for using the new White Dwarf figure as a hero. I posted a new thread about it with more details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cox
United Kingdom
Bournemouth
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
I am holding off on the sub until I have seen a few more issues, but at the moment I feel like a sub is on the cards for me.

This first issue is an instant buy for the cover miniature (that dude retails for £18!), and coverage for games (including Space Hulk).

I have seen rumours that there will be more free gifts on the cover of the next few issues, and that content for board games is going to be a regular thing (very much doubt every game will get content every month though).

But who knows? The rumours have been on the money so far, but I guess it all depends on how these first issues go down.

Did anybody pick up the Getting Started with Age of Sigmar magazine they put out last month? I strongly recommend it for anyone interested in learning more about Sigmar, GW, painting, or just looking at pretty pictures (and getting a Sigmarine figure on the cover). If White Dwarf is up to that quality of content, it's good times ahead.

(Oh, and one other thing - I first subbed to White Dwarf in the days when battle reports didn't have photographs. It was all hand-drawn maps and artwork. I loved those reports, and they became one of my favourite parts of the magazine as they became more of a feature. In later years, the reports got less interesting, with less in-depth analysis and content. This new issue has 14 pages dedicated to a battle report. That's the sort of thing that has got me excited to read the magazine, after years of not really caring.)

EDIT: The extra content for Silver Tower in the September issue includes rules for using the new White Dwarf figure as a hero. I posted a new thread about it with more details.

Just seen the other thread, thanks: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628598/new-hero-incoming-wh...

Thanks also for sharing your insight and thoughts as well as bringing the Getting Started with Age of Sigmar magazine to my attention. The mini looks nice but I can't see that it has a card (app or otherwise) for Silver Tower unless I'm mistaken? Do you know if the free digital download provides the same info as the magazine?: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-Sigmar-Primer-enhan...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rufus stone wrote:

Just seen the other thread, thanks: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1628598/new-hero-incoming-wh...

Thanks also for sharing your insight and thoughts as well as bringing the Getting Started with Age of Sigmar magazine to my attention. The mini looks nice but I can't see that it has a card (app or otherwise) for Silver Tower unless I'm mistaken? Do you know if the free digital download provides the same info as the magazine?: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Age-Sigmar-Primer-enhan...

Sorry - didn't mean to cause confusion. The Getting Started with Age of Sigmar is geared towards getting people to check out the tabletop war game (it even includes the complete rules). The miniature on the front is just a regular soldier for the Stormcast Eternals and doesn't come with a card or any rules for using in Silver Tower (although you could use him as any of the Stormcast heroes).

However, there is some stuff Silver Tower players might like:

Lots of fluff about the gaming universe, with cool pictures.
Lots of painting and modelling tips. Some of it is only useful if you are new to painting, and use GW paints, but it's all really well done.
Lots of pictures of painted miniatures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Free delivery to a local store. The store locator says a mere 377 miles to the UK. I live in the USA, so I doubt that estimate is very accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Free delivery to a local store. The store locator says a mere 377 miles to the UK. I live in the USA, so I doubt that estimate is very accurate.

You are probably on the UK page. Change the setting in the top right to US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |