Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that works in the Gift Shop cover a number of sales equal to the work's value. But this sentence from the rules is giving me problems:

"If you don't have enough works to cover all your sales of a type, none of them are considered covered."

What I can't seem to infer from that sentence is two-fold:

1) Does the work cover a number of sales up to the work's value? In other words, if I have one Metal work, does it cover one or two Metal sales but not the third? Or does it only count if I have exactly three sales?

2) The other part of my question is: if I have three paper sales and only one paper work in my Gift Shop, do I have one paper sale covered, or none since - you know - I don't have enough works to cover all my sales of the paper type?

(Lastly, I assume whatever the answer is, it can also be applied to the Gallery and helpers.)

I hope my question makes sense. Am I asking the same thing two different ways? Other threads didn't answer to my satisfaction. Any insight is appreciated. I want to get the rules clear before I begin playing and (dear god) teaching it. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cieslik
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Banana!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a metal work, it would cover 1, 2, or 3 metal sales. If you have 4 metal sales, none of them are covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Garnica
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angelkurisu wrote:
If you have a metal work, it would cover 1, 2, or 3 metal sales. If you have 4 metal sales, none of them are covered.

That makes sense. So, if I have three paper sales and only one paper work, none of them are covered. Basically, it's an all or nothing type situation, up to the work's value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pacman88k wrote:
Lastly, I assume whatever the answer is, it can also be applied to the Gallery and helpers.
Yes.

One Stone work in your Gallery (left wing) covers 1 or 2 Monk helpers but not 3.

One Stone work in your Gift Shop (right wing) covers 1 or 2 Stone sales but not 3.

But if that one Stone work is Go Set ("All your STONE works count as being in both wings at the same time"), it can cover 1-2 Monk helpers AND 1-2 Stone sales.

Go Set covers 1-2 Monk helpers even if you have 3 Stone sales (which would not be covered) and vice versa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls