Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick South
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I currently own Lord of the Rings and Legendary. I'm looking at MistFall or something from the Pathfinders series. Any thoughts beyond the reviews?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Fitzpatrick
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first Pathfinders game. It was pretty fun solo, though I didn't go too far into it (lost some cards during the travel). I think it's far and away better w/ people, not only because of the social aspect but also because of having more characters at the table to support one another - I played the solo player with 2 characters).

Never played Mistfall so can't comment on that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistfall tends to be very polarizing and the rulebook is notoriously bad, although there are many helpful player aids in the files section to get you through your first game. If you like puzzle-type-games, it might be a hit. I think it and Pathfinder are wildly different games.

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game was a surprise hit, and on my list but I haven't played it yet. I can recommend Shadowrun: Crossfire is a blast solo.

Also, check out the 1 Player Guild for much discussion on these games:

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game vs Mistfall? Worth owning both?
Compare & Contrast: Shadowrun:Crossfire and Mistfall
Mistfall: Your opinion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtCrazy wrote:
I currently own Lord of the Rings and Legendary. I'm looking at MistFall or something from the Pathfinders series. Any thoughts beyond the reviews?

How and why do you like the games you have, and why are you looking at those two specifically?

Also, which Lord of the Rings game is that?

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick South
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No real reason. Just the two games I had heard about locally. I'm definitely open to other solo card games. I like the look of Warhammer. It looked great. Also, the LotR is the LCG.

Thsnks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls