11 Posts

Sushi Go Party!» Forums » General

Subject: Insert does not fit sleeved cards!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Felix Munoz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am always annoyed when companies do not makes their boxes or inserts in such a way that they cannot accommodate sleeved components. Sushi Go Party is yet another example. A card games that requires constant reshuffling and where any indication on the cards affect the decision making will require sleeves. Making an insert that does not account for that is worthless. There was plenty of space to makes the card rows wider... Ugh....shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
No Gamewright game has ever had room for sleeves. Just a heads up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Insert doesn't fit contents of game without sleeves. Much less with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Michael
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I honestly don't understand why there's such a stink about this insert. All the cards get divided into their groups and there's a slot for each with the cardboard marker resting in front. When putting together a game you just have to choose which elements you want and shuffle them together. Piece of cake.

As for sleeved cards, not everyone likes the feel of sleeved cards (myself one of those people) and I get annoyed when the insert is so big to accommodate sleeved cards that without sleeves my cards bang around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call him
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The majority of people who buy games don't sleeve the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The majority of people would like to have a place to store the menu tiles. Insert sucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maria LoCastro
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The majority of people may not sleeve cards but if ever there's a reason to it's with a game like this. If you play it enough, the uneven shuffle wear will eventually mark them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Box
Mexico
Querétaro
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, after just a couple of plays I'm definitely going to sleeve. So I'm looking to design an insert but have no experience in this field. If anyone has already made a foamcore insert for Sushi Go Party or any other insert which required cards to be separated, I'd be interested to have a look!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
unless the mark is huge and distinctive or that you are some kind of visual memory genius, remembering which mark belongs to which cards requires a considerable effort. and I would call someone a bad sport if they spend any kind of effort on learning the marks to cards relation at a light party game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tero Huomo
Finland
flag msg tools
I just got my game today, sleeved and threw the insert away. I happened to have minigrip bags that fit a small amount of cards each, so I sorted the cards to bags like this:

- One bag for Nigiri + fruits
- One bag for other desserts
- One bag for all Rolls
- One bag for all specials
- Two bags for appetizers (4 different types on each bag)

I'm pretty confident I can find the right cards pretty fast now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:
unless the mark is huge and distinctive or that you are some kind of visual memory genius, remembering which mark belongs to which cards requires a considerable effort. and I would call someone a bad sport if they spend any kind of effort on learning the marks to cards relation at a light party game.

Most of the time, people notice a stray mark, and then they notice what the face of the card is after it is later revealed to them. People cannot "unsee" what they have seen. Chances are people will gather information about marked cards without any strain at all. If one of my games is marked, and there are different cards for each player, I often play the marked set, hoping that nobody else will memorize the markings, so that I do not have an unfair advantage.

With a pool of common cards, you either need to sleeve them, or you just need to realize that people will eventually develop knowledge of the markings. It is just that simple if the game is played often.

If it's a deduction game, then I sleeve it before I play it once. In a drafting game, marked cards are not the end of the world, but they aren't great.

Lee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls