Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Taylor
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is typically reserved for geekbay but this is a deal for anyone who does not want to pay ebay prices.

http://www.dacardworld.com/entertainment/marvel-3d-hobby-box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekbay? I've not heard of this, but if it matches what's in my mind, this sounds magical!!!

This made me look around the site. Is this the same as "Geek Market"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy Castaneda
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This box doesn't guarantee a full set does it?

-rudy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thud105 wrote:
Geekbay? I've not heard of this, but if it matches what's in my mind, this sounds magical!!!

This made me look around the site. Is this the same as "Geek Market"?

No. GeekBay is an auction site here on BGG. Users aren't restricted to just board games, but usually board game related accessories (such as also auctioning off inserts or miniature painting services).

Also as part of GeekBay, a lot of times people will do a Geek Auction where they make a GeekList of everything they want to sell. You can set reserve pricing, "buy it now" etc etc.

If GeekBay is BGG's version of eBay, then the Geek Market is BGG's version of CraigsList. You list a board game or board game accessory for a price and then someone buys it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thegreatrudini wrote:

-rudy

No. One box guarantees one full Henchman group and either Man-Thing or Howard the Duck. You also get one full alt-art Hero (Deadpool, Hulk, and I can't remember the other two that were included) and a sketch card. Also I think one special Bystander.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
You should be reading this comic.
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
thegreatrudini wrote:

-rudy

No. One box guarantees one full Henchman group and either Man-Thing or Howard the Duck. You also get one full alt-art Hero (Deadpool, Hulk, and I can't remember the other two that were included) and a sketch card. Also I think one special Bystander.

Henchmen (you get 1)
Circus of Crime
Spider-Slayers

New Hero (you get 1)
Howard the Duck
Man-Thing

Alt-art hero (you get 1)
Hulk
Deadpool
Black Widow

Bystander (you get 2, one from this list, and one Stan Lee)
Fortune Teller
Double Agent of SHIELD
Photographer
Bulldozer Driver

Plus a random sketch card. Not terrible for 40 bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Geekbay isn't an auction site or tool -- it's just the name of the BGG forum dedicated to users posting up threads about for sale items. Frequently these are callouts to geek lists with auctions and such, but sometimes just general posts about stuff to sell.

aside from an infrequently used auction tool that uses geek gold only, BGG hasnt implemented a real auction solution. The only option users have is to make a geeklist and allow users to comment on it with bids, which is pretty clunky honestly.

Not trying to be a drag about it, just didn't want someone to click all around the site looking for a magical eBay like site/tool within BGG.

This call out IMO also merits a post in hot deals, honestly. I'll post about it there if it's not already there, actually. Not everyone subs to the game forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Hartless
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many sketch cards are there? Is there a complete list? Talk about a chase card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Taylor
United States
Bartlett
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Matt D: Thanks for putting this up on hotdeals. It looks like others are taking advantage of the sale.

@All: Sorry for the brief post. Leading up to holiday in the US, tired and checked mail when it came through. I hope it helps.

Set List

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2014-upper-deck-marvel-3d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dolemitesooner wrote:
How many sketch cards are there? Is there a complete list? Talk about a chase card!
1 Black Widow - Silent Sniper
2 Captain America - A Day Unlike Any Other
3 Cyclops - X-Men United
4 Deadpool - Random Acts of Unkindness
5 Emma Frost - Diamond Form
6 Gambit - High Stakes Jackpot
7 Hawkeye - Impossible Trick Shot
8 Hulk - HULK SMASH!
9 Iron Man - Quantum Breakthrough
10 Nick Fury - Pure Fury
11 Rogue - Steal Abilities
12 Spider-Man - The Amazing Spider-Man
13 Storm - Tidal Wave
14 Thor - God of Thunder
15 Wolverine - Berserker Rage
16 Destroyer - Enemies of Asgard
17 Viper - HYDRA
18 Loki - Mastermind
19 Magneto - Mastermind
20 Red Skull - Mastermind
21 Black Widow - Covert Operation
22 Blob - Brotherhood
23 Captain America - Diving Block
24 Juggernaut - Brotherhood
25 Cyclops - Unending Energy
26 Mystique - Brotherhood
27 Deadpool - Hey, Can I Get a Do-Over?
28 Sabretooth - Brotherhood
29 Emma Frost - Psychic Link
30 Enchantress - Enemies of Asgard
31 Gambit - Hypnotic Charm
32 Ymir - Enemies of Asgard
33 Hawkeye - Covering Fire
34 Baron Zemo - Masters of Evil
35 Hulk - Crazed Rampage
36 Ultron - Masters of Evil
37 Iron Man - Arc Reactor
38 Abomination - Radiation
39 Nick Fury - Legendary Commander
40 Maestro - Radiation
41 Rogue - Copy Powers
42 Leader - Radiation
43 Spider-Man - Web-Shooters
44 Doctor Octopus - Spider Foes
45 Storm - Spinning Cyclone
46 Green Goblin - Spider Foes
47 Thor - Call Lightning
48 Lizard - Spider Foes
49 Wolverine - Frenzied Slashing
50 Venom - Spider Foes

One of these days I'll get off my ass and post all my sketches. I also have several extras that I'd love to trade to fill the gaps in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like this is still live (or at least it's $40 now, not sure if it was cheaper at one point). I may jump on this so thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered. Really hoping for Man-Thing. If I get Howard the Duck, will someone trade me for Man-Thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think the new material will be put in an expansion in the future? I thought I saw a post that said they would be available to everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
They have "confirmed" that it will be available outside of Marvel 3D packs, but that it will not be available via a regular expansion. The assumption is a direct sale via Upper Deck's store. When? No clue. Not soon would be my guess. We haven't heard anything on the subject in a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
They're working on getting organized play going. It's conceivable that they will be prizes there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mitchell
Australia
flag msg tools
One of my boxes did not contain a full set of alt art cards got stuck with an extra spider slayer... a tad annoying but I doubt it's the norm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mitchell
Australia
flag msg tools
randomlife wrote:
Ordered. Really hoping for Man-Thing. If I get Howard the Duck, will someone trade me for Man-Thing?

Not to be the spreader of doom and gloom but from the boxes I have seen opened the ratio of Howard to Man Thing was 3:1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, I got Howard. I mean, I'm fine with him, but I'm just a much bigger fan of Man-Thing.

What do I do with the non-Legendary cards that came in the packs? Do people just collect those and look at them? I haven't done that since I had Star Wars cards as a kid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Odds are you can sell them on eBay. If you don't want to take the time to piece them out, you can probably sell them as one bundle for 10-50 bucks (depending on what you opened). Just make sure to get photos and list everything in the auction. If you opened an Affinity card (green back, 4 images in one 3D card) then you lucked out. That will likely cover the cost of your whole box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bono
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my box tonight and I am kinda disappointed. The mix was not what I was expecting. I got an extra deadpool card but not the right mix to play using all alt art. I got an extra man thing, but not the right mix to play him either. And only got one bystander but was expecting a Stan Lee as asecond bystander.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Runnestrand
United States
Carlsbad
California
flag msg tools
badge
I like nerdy stuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottyB23 wrote:
Got my box tonight and I am kinda disappointed. The mix was not what I was expecting. I got an extra deadpool card but not the right mix to play using all alt art. I got an extra man thing, but not the right mix to play him either. And only got one bystander but was expecting a Stan Lee as asecond bystander.

Did you get a sealed box? That sounds very strange. Keep the UPC, contact upper deck about it. They will likely make sure you get what you were supposed to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bono
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runnestrand wrote:
Did you get a sealed box? That sounds very strange. Keep the UPC, contact upper deck about it. They will likely make sure you get what you were supposed to get.

Ya, it was a new, sealed box. I did contact UD and still have the UPC, so I guess I'll jut have to wait for them to contact me.

Heard back from UD and it sounds like the only guarantee is there should be 2 Legendary cards per pack, no per box guarantees. So it looks like I'll have to hit ebay for my missing cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cocktosen
United States
Weymouth
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottyB23 wrote:
runnestrand wrote:

Ya, it was a new, sealed box. I did contact UD and still have the UPC, so I guess I'll jut have to wait for them to contact me.

Heard back from UD and it sounds like the only guarantee is there should be 2 Legendary cards per pack, no per box guarantees. So it looks like I'll have to hit ebay for my missing cards.

Scotty, I PM'd you (sounds funny). I can help you out if you have not ebayed yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls