10 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rebel player revealing base voluntarily rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Life is game, you gotta enjoy the journey.
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the recently released official FAQ.

It states that the Rebel base can be revealed just before using a leader. When you pass you dont use a leader: meaning you can not reveal on the turn you pass.

Just to note since I got theimpression before the FAQ that you could do that.

Or am I missions something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are interpreting it too literally. The 'before using one of his leaders' part is to clarify and doesn't seem like it's intended to be a requirement; thus just ensuring you don't use a leader first. The original written rule was 'during your turn', which led to issues.

So no, I wouldn't interpret that you must be able to use a leader afterwards to optionally reveal the base. You just can't optionally reveal if you already used a leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The official answer was "before you activate a system, reveal a mission, or pass". I tend to think it more likely that they left "before you pass" out of the FAQ by mistake than that they changed the ruling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Life may knock you down sometimes. Its up to you if you stand up and live your life to the fullest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, taking it too literally is normal as it is a ruling. Before it was unclear and now it is too.

If they indeed meant for it to be als before pass then they need to update the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are focusing too much on the wrong part of the sentence. I think the "start of your turn" bit is the main emphasis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
im just not sure why you would even want to reveal it the moment you choose to pass, ie you cant do any action afterwards except defend at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Angelsenior wrote:
im just not sure why you would even want to reveal it the moment you choose to pass, ie you cant do any action afterwards except defend at that point.
How about a Death Star just moved into the Rebel Base's system without any Ground support and you have Death Star Plans in hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I think you are focusing too much on the wrong part of the sentence. I think the "start of your turn" bit is the main emphasis.

I can understand that, still it is not clear with the additional ruling.
It should have said at the start of your command phase before taking one of your actions (reveal a mission, activate a system or pass).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did also note that the FAQ further states:

SWR FAQ wrote:
Q: Is passing during the Command Phase considered to be an action?
A: No. A player passes instead of taking his turn.

Which would further imply it can't be done, so I suppose the FAQ does need to be updated to allow the Reveal-pass turn to happen. We know from the prior response it should be allowed, but poor wording has made it tricky...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. G.
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I do not see confusing rules here after the errata.

Originally:
"The Rebel player may optionally reveal his base at any time
during one of his turns of the Command Phase."

and...

"A player may choose to pass at any time during the Command
Phase. When a player passes, he cannot use his leaders
to reveal missions or activate systems for the rest of this
Command Phase."

Right after passing you have no more turns. You are finished for that command phase. Only opposing and battle contribution remain.

And in the FAQ:
"If the Rebel player wishes to optionally reveal his base,
he can only do so at the start of one of his turns of the
Command Phase, before using one of his leaders."

Every action is triggered by one of your leaders. Thus you have to use one of your leaders or you pass. And before one of them you have the option of revealing.
After you have passed, you have no more the option of revealing, even if you still have leaders in your pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls