Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm, the deluxe edition is just the base game, a card tray, and 9 promo cards?

It doesn't come with the expansions? (Age of Darkness and/or Age of Enlightenment)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hitt
United States
Surfside
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understood that it will come with all the expansions, 9 promo cards and the trays. http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34722/rivals-catan-goes-d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
wchitt wrote:
I understood that it will come with all the expansions, 9 promo cards and the trays. http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34722/rivals-catan-goes-d...

Thanks, I now wondering which 9 promos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Jenson
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The back of the box indicates that it includes 180 cards plus 9 "promo" cards. The base game contains 180 cards as well. It doesn't look like this contains the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Vetrip wrote:
The back of the box indicates that it includes 180 cards plus 9 "promo" cards. The base game contains 180 cards as well. It doesn't look like this contains the expansions.

Odd. I found the Dice Tower linking the article the previous poster mention:
Quote:
In the Deluxe edition of the game, in terms of the components not much has changed except for the addition of a card tray for the central stacks of cards. The big difference comes in the contents of the box as it will include all the expansions and all the promo cards for the game, so if you are looking for a all-in-one edition of the game, this is it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
Source: Miniature Market

Quote:
..comes with three expansions...
Base set had the 3 theme decks. And the 2 actual expansions had 3 more each. So, yeah... BOOOOOOO!!!

Also, non-sleeved card trays is {explicit}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, seems the expansions are not included in the Deluxe edition - basically same stuff except for the 9 promo cards and card tray

Pictures of Deluxe Version
Quote:
In sort this has everything that the original base game had. I didn't insert a picture of some of the cards as they are the same as the previous version. The difference is that this one has some promo cards you had to either buy separately or that were very hard to find. The other differences are the insert trays which are better, the dice are a different color and the two tokens are made of different material. That's about it, oh and the size of the box.

The 9 promos are shown in a picture in the above thread. I believe it's every one (some of which were German text only before) with the exception of The Rivals for Catan: Participation in the Big Game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope we will see the 9 card set available in the Catan store.

Also, with all the extras, they still, did not make the Celebration token. Although I am sure that has more to do with the other two, gaining a VP, but it makes constant recalculation occur between certain Event rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hitt
United States
Surfside
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You saved me from making a bad decision. I don't hint I will be better off buying the "2" expansions to go with my base game and hunting for the other cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleacher Creature
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I have the original plus all expansions but I love those card trays. Wonder if they'll sell those separately somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Phebus
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The copy I picked up at Target does not include either of the two expansions, and despite what the gentleman said in another thread, the trays easily accommodated my sleeved cards (MayDay 70mm x 70mm, MDG-7124).

My understanding is that the trays are not available separately outside of a lot of countries in Europe.

We need to support this title, gang! Great trays! More promos! Cool paintable tokens (see my entry in images)! Plus there's a rules update on ties for Strength and Trade (the new rules are more compatible with standard Catan).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stone
United States
Monroe
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a2greg wrote:

I have the original plus all expansions but I love those card trays. Wonder if they'll sell those separately somewhere?

For the cost of two letter-sized 110lb pages (cardstock) and some glue, this works pretty well.

Single Page Six-in-a-Row Card Holder

We have been using these for months. They interlock and fit in a smaller footprint than those plastic holders.

Disclaimer: I made this, but it is for Rivals of Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls