Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Under 'Writing Legends' on page 9 it says:

"You may transfer a card with a Trigger ring. If you do, return the ring to the common reserve."

I know that when you transfer a card that still has a trigger ring on it you lose the ring. But does this mean that I can discard a trigger ring to transfer a card for free? I doubt it but still am not certain any more. Page 8 says that transfers always cost gold...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
Sleep... bgg.. sleep... bgg... sle
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:

"You may transfer a card with a Trigger ring. If you do, return the ring to the common reserve."

I know that when you transfer a card that still has a trigger ring on it you lose the ring. But does this mean that I can discard a trigger ring to transfer a card for free? I doubt it but still am not certain any more. Page 8 says that transfers always cost gold...

To my understanding is no you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A C
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:

Unless the card specifically says so, you have to pay to transfer a card into your Elysium!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
inuitmyth909 wrote:
I think it should have been better worded as:

"You may transfer a card even if it has a trigger ring on it. If you do, return the ring to the common reserve."

Otherwise it can be interpreted that you do the transfer with (i.e. "by using") the ring. But the ring is only applicable to the card's triggered ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Above wording is correct. What they are saying is if you transfer a card with a trigger ring on it, you lose the ability to have used it. So best to do so before you transfer it. If not, no big deal, just discard the ring and transfer as normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls