Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: GLOG - Saturday 9 July 2016 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gungahlin Library Open Games (GLOG) is on this coming Saturday 9 July.

What: to play board/tile/card/dice games
Where: Gungahlin Library, corner of Hibberson St and Gozzard St.
Time: 10:15 am to 5:30ish pm
Room: Conference Room 1

This is a free event, just come along with a smile, and any of your favourite board games.

Only one game of the month and it is:

Mysterium

Play this game for a chance to win a TGC gift voucher.

The booking is for Conference room #1. This room is located on the lower level left side downstairs of the main library entry. There is no restriction of food on the venue, but I encourage everyone to keep the venue tidy and be careful while playing other people’s games. Also, consider order food/drinks from the coffee shop inside the Library. This coffee shop is offering special deals to GLOG attendees, so mention your are a GLOG attendee if you buy from them.

There is a key provided by the Library in a DVD case to access the toilets that will be available to all next to the sink. Please don't forget to return the key, so others can access this facility.

Also, please make sure to pack the games you play to the same condition you found them. Any games left at the end of the day will be handed to the 'Lost and Found' desk of the Library, so if you doing exchange, make sure your exchange party attend the event.

Al always, a quick reminder that young players need to be under parental supervision at all times.

Cheers!
cool

GLOG upcoming dates in 2016 are:

9 January 2016
13 February 2016
12 March 2016
9 April 2016
14 May 2016
11 June 2016
9 July 2016
13 August 2016
10 September 2016
22 October 2016 (This month GLOG is on the 4th Saturday)
12 November 2016
10 December 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As indicated last month, I won't be attending GLOG this month due to an earlier commitment, so those who indicated that are able to help, please get in touch with me to sort some things out.

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be able to help out as I plan on being there for the entirety of the event as there is no children's sport this weekend!

Very happy to help folk try out Scythe and maybe have another go at getting slaughtered in The Grizzled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Z
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I got this message:

Quote:
I am seeking some playtesters this weekend at GLOG for a competitive “co-op” board game I am prototyping. It’s a strategy game where each player leads an expedition of conquistadors battling for gold and glory but must together survive deep in the Aztec empire.

It accommodates up to 4 players and will take roughly 2-3 hours (depending on difficulty and in game politics). Ages 13+

I’ll be arriving early, looking to start 10:30-11am.

It has already been playtested for several months, but I want to get some outside views from my regular groups.

Let me know if interested.

Cheers!

Nathan Mancini

Opportunity to help local design. Objective constructive feedback appreciated.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiguero wrote:

As indicated last month, I won't be attending GLOG this month due to an earlier commitment, so those who indicated that are able to help, please get in touch with me to sort some things out.

Thanks in advance.

I should be good, once I've confirmed my attendance. I'll get back to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
Very happy to help folk try out Scythe and maybe have another go at getting slaughtered in The Grizzled.
Sounds awesome Muz. I'm aiming to be there about 1100 with another Scythe owner
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be a scytheathon at GLOG this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Lawrence
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:
Scythe number one hotness and brand new for those not chosen to be play-testers *ahem* Brumbynut *ahem*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael nut
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrClaw wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:
Scythe number one hotness and brand new for those not chosen to be play-testers *ahem* Brumbynut *ahem*

Thanks Cam..... I feel much better after my rant on the Scythe group buy thread. I am very pleased robot that you all get to enjoy it. Even Kon the fence sitter will likely play it first!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusing Manifestation
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be there, not feeling up to trying the behemoth of Scythe but definitely happy to play/teach Mysterium, one of my recent favourites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul L
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rene, I'll be there till 4. Let me know if I can help out in anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kelley
Australia
Canberra
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muzfish4 wrote:
I should be able to help out as I plan on being there for the entirety of the event as there is no children's sport this weekend!

Interested in trying Scythe to see what changes they made since the beta that I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kelley
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrClaw wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:

All you have to do is be in his game group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kelley
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brumbynut wrote:
DrClaw wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:

Thanks Cam..... I feel much better after my rant on the Scythe group buy thread. I am very pleased robot that you all get to enjoy it. Even Kon the fence sitter will likely play it first!

I understand that a copy is being personally delivered to you in Sydney so I'm sure that there will be enough Scythe this weekend to go around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew .
msg tools
mbmbmb
A big turnout this month, filling all tables, and some new faces which we will hopefully see again (in which case I will need to brush up on my French...

Games played today were:

Mysterium (one game was a full 7 players, with a win on medium - sorry for the pun )
Grizzled (we WON this surprise After months we finally won, 5 players!)
K2
Trickerion
A Few Acres of Snow
Pocket Imperium
Scrabble Junior
Scythe (two in parallel, so a bit of a scythethon)
Above and Below
Carcassonne
Cuba Libre
Roborama
Splendor
Spyfall
Mush Mush: Snow Tails 2
Machi Koro
Last Will
Stockpile
Power Grid (India)
Condotierre
Heroes
Roll for the Galaxy
Conquistadors (trial game brought by the local designer )

I trust everyone had fun, and I will see you again in August.
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Loades
Australia
Queanbeyan
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Kudos to Nathan on his game, Conquistadors 1519(?). It's a well-balanced and engaging game. The prototype is still quite raw, but it played well, using some good mechanics and staying true to its theme. It's the kind of game I could play again in its published form.

If anyone gets a chance to play it, show some support for a local game designer and give it a go.

Disappointed I missed out on a proper game of Trickerion - I arrived just in time to see the first round conclude. (I've got my own copy, but it hasn't had any airtime yet.) AND Above And Below. Oh well - next time, perhaps...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Ward
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
The Monarch
mbmbmbmbmb
We got in a quick game of Skull too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray Fish
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
badge
They explained everything in detail and at great length. After they finished I sat, despondent, contemplating a bleak and empty future. "I’m glad you’re depressed" said one. "It means you’ve understood the situation.”
mbmbmbmbmb
Also got in two plays of Lascaux and one of Cavemen: The Quest for Fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls