Paulo Santoro
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read a lot of posts quickly and I may have read someone writing about an official change in Notre Dame. Maybe in the Hotel (3 cubes instead of 4 for 2x). I can't find the original post neither any mention to this official change. Can someone tell me, please? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pay pretty close attention to Notre Dame posts as it is one of my favourite games. Don't recall any news about any official change. People have suggested variants to say improve the hotel, but don't recall anything official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PauloSantoro wrote:
I've read a lot of posts quickly and I may have read someone writing about an official change in Notre Dame. Maybe in the Hotel (3 cubes instead of 4 for 2x). I can't find the original post neither any mention to this official change. Can someone tell me, please? Thanks!

First time I've seen any mention of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I also don't think there's been any official change, but I highly recommend playing with a variant Hotel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Trabert
Germany
Düsseldorf (34 km south of Essen)
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No official rule change, as far as I know.
shake

Generally, I am not a big fan of house rules, but I can strongly recommend changing the Hotel rules in Notre Dame. 1/3/5... cubes giving you 1/2/3... of the possible actions is an easy to remember rule which has proven quite balanced in our games. Additionally, the treasure chest expansion of Notre Dame adds a lot of variety to game and makes it even more balanced. I would love to see a tenth birthday edition of this game in 2017, which is the most elegant and maybe also the best of Feld's designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the 10th anniversary edition has been announced, I wonder if there will be any change to the hotel.

I hope so as I consider the hotel weakness to be a somewhat ugly blemish on an otherwise wonderful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:
Now that the 10th anniversary edition has been announced, I wonder if there will be any change to the hotel.

I hope so as I consider the hotel weakness to be a somewhat ugly blemish on an otherwise wonderful game.

Wait... What?! When/where was this announced?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/59640/new-game-round-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

From the cover image, it looks like the 10th anniversary reprint will include the expansion, which provides some additional balancing (including the hotel?). I haven't played the expansion, but that's what people write about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Berger
Israel
Kfar Saba
flag msg tools
KD:M!!!!!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkearns wrote:

Wow!
Thanks
Lots of people were waiting for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a great game, one of my favorites.

I'm really glad it is coming back to print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not aware of anything in the original expansion effecting the hotel.

Personally I'm just hoping for 6 Player support.

DrumPhil wrote:
dkearns wrote:

From the cover image, it looks like the 10th anniversary reprint will include the expansion, which provides some additional balancing (including the hotel?). I haven't played the expansion, but that's what people write about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls