Fatal Alliances: The Great War» Forums » General

Subject: Quality of counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael K.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Hoe, hoe, hee, hee!!? Zo werkt dat niet!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Is the quality and the thickness of the counters of this 3rd edition the same as the existing World in Flames products by the Australian Design Group or are they as thin and flimsy as the counters of another Compass games title: Enemy Action: Ardennes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Forssell
msg tools
I would say they are of the same quality
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris
Spain
flag msg tools
It's the same quality.

It's good quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
St.John Wright
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found that one or two counter fronts separated a little from their counter in unpunching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Law
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I am disappointed to say the least- I received the game in the mail Friday finally got to have a look -I opened the game and was totally ticked off... for the following reasons-
* On the crease lines of the map white is showing through on the first time I opened the map- disgusted!
* The counters are flimsy.
* For a multi- player game there is no where near enough play aid charts- There should be at least 2 of every one of these charts.
* The terrain chart on the smaller of the maps is very small and should have been duplicated as ....guess what? - a play aid chart.
In conclusion - I spent over 200.00 on this game and now have to spend more getting laminated photocopies of the various charts- I have compared this game to my copy of GMTs Battle for Normandy and its NO CONTEST - this whole game seems to be an exercise in CHEAP! This will be my last purchase from this company.
I hope the game play is worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the components are a tad underwhelming, and I definitely agree there should have been more copies, especially of the main fold-out player aid.

The game play is worth it, though. Be sure to download the latest version of the rules (here on BGG). Significant changes mostly to political stuff in the game.

Also - Compass has some really good games (this one included).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls