Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Captives rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Edwards
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the second movie scenario, is it possible to rescue captured cards before Objective 3?

Situation: It's currently Objective 2 and a Xenomorph Snatcher is revealed in the Complex. The top card of the barracks is moved to Operations as a captive.

Is it possible to immediately pay the required recruitment points to rescue that card? Or do you have to wait until Objective 3 begins, where the method for rescuing captured cards is revealed?

I'm leaning towards the latter interpretation, but would like to be sure.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Comeyne
Belgium
Assebroek (Brugge)
West-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to wait until the 3th objective allows you to
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In fact, you can never do anything that leads to the completion of the next objective before the current objective is completed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Edwards
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.thumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Azikin wrote:
In fact, you can never do anything that leads to the completion of the next objective before the current objective is completed.
That's not true. You cannot complete the next objective but you can do anything that brings you closer to the completion, if possible like Krusten noted.

E.g.: You can attach a Sentry Gun while still not all 3 Colonist Hosts are killed.

If there would be a 2nd objective that says "kill all [something]", you would be able to kill any of them before completing the 1st objective.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Edwards
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dannte wrote:
That's not true. You cannot complete the next objective but you can do anything that brings you closer to the completion, if possible like Krusten noted.

E.g.: You can attach a Sentry Gun while still not all 3 Colonist Hosts are killed.

Not according the rules. On page 12 of the rule book, the section titled Objective Goal Cards, clearly states that Recruit points can only be spent in such a way if you are also on the proper objective.

So in your example you are not allowed to attach Sentry guns to rooms before completing Objective 1. Any Recruit points that could be spent setting up Sentry Guns can only be spent once Objective 2 comes into play, and not before.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sulaco93 wrote:
Not according the rules. On page 12 of the rule book, the section titled Objective Goal Cards, clearly states that Recruit points can only be spent in such a way if you are also on the proper objective.
Thanks! I didn't realize that.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls