1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: How tedious is this Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike B.
msg tools
Hi guys,
I am intrigued by this game - I have been for a while. Yet I am unsure on whether to get it (or one of the other Legendary Games).

Games like this I basically only Play Solo. And one thing I really don't like is having to work to Play it. Now one of the Major negative aspects I read about Legendary is the tedious setup and clean up. Can anyone describe that for me? Does it have a good insert? What exactly do I have to do each Time (besides shuffling the decks)? How Long does it take you on average? Do the Expansions actually make it more tedious?

Thanks for your help!

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Powell
United Kingdom
sHifnal
Shropshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I, like you, waited awhile before I jumped into this game.
But I loved it!
But yes set up and take down can be a pain.
Set up as follows.
You decide on 5 heroes and shuffle their decks together.
Decide on a mastermind and shuffle his small deck.
You then have to choose the villains you also have henchmen, master strike cards twists and bystanders (depending on mastermind and scheme you choose)to be shuffled into another deck.
I think putting all these things together is fun and interesting to see how it will all play out.
Problem is all these decks need to be put back together after playing.
But I will add this is all worth it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McGorman
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
its a deck builder, there's always going to be set up and tear down but if you get good storage solution and play more than once per session then it doesnt add a huge amount. also the set up part i use to formulate strategies and remember things i need to look out for
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the tediousness during set up can be mitigated by keeping your cards well organised and using clearly labelled dividers (many options for which can be found in the files section, here on BGG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Anyone saying this game is tedious to setup or clean up simply doesn't know how to organize it. And it really isn't a rocket science. Just divide the cards to their groups, i.e put all the cards for hero X together, cards for villain group Y together etc

Setup should not take more than a couple of minutes tops.

Basically all you have to do is the following:

Select a setup you want to play in, which includes (for solo play) 1 mastermind, 1 villain group, 1 henchmen group, 1 scheme and 3 heroes.

Take the cards for all 3 heroes (14 cards each) and shuffle them.
Take the villain group (8 cards), henchmen group (3 cards), 5 master strikes, 8 twists and 1 bystander card and shuffle them together to make the villain deck.

Shuffle the mastermind tactics (4 cards) and put it under the mastermind

Pick your starting deck (12 cards) and shuffle them.

That's it. If you keep everything organized, it really isn't tedious at all.

You can pick any setup you like or you can use any number of randomizing apps to do it for you.

Game is fantastic for solo and you'll see there's a huge community here for that with campaign suggestions, leagues, even a choose your own adventure variant that started off recently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B.
msg tools
Thanks for the replys. How is the Insert? Do People basically throw it out at once? If People don't invest in Building an Insert, so they usually just hold the cards in rubber Bands?

The Dominion insert had a Nice insert if I remember correctly where you already had seperated sections for each Card Type. Is that similar Here? If Not, what's the easiest And fastest way for a Custom Insert People Here use?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Likemike wrote:
Thanks for the replys. How is the Insert? Do People basically throw it out at once? If People don't invest in Building an Insert, so they usually just hold the cards in rubber Bands?

The original insert was good enough for me to hold up all of the cards and dividers for the base set + dark city + fantastic four + paint the town red + guardians of the galaxy.

Only when I wanted to add another big expansion I needed more room, so I replaced the insert with a different one custom one (using go7gaming)

But that's after having 4 other expansions (1 big 3 small) as well as the base set.

Also, all of my cards were sleeved as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B.
msg tools
So the Original insert basically holds the cards, but you still Need dividers, Right? How many dividers for the base game are needed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Likemike wrote:

The Dominion insert had a Nice insert if I remember correctly where you already had seperated sections for each Card Type. Is that similar Here? If Not, what's the easiest And fastest way for a Custom Insert People Here use?

Copy-Pasta'd from another thread:

Tip #1 - Toss the plastic insert.

Tip #2 - Slice up the Dark City cover to create a 3-column box like so:

Tip #3 - This set-up can hold at the very least Dark City, FF, Spidey & Guardians, maybe one of the Secret Wars too...

Tip #4 - Once you have another big-box expansion (since you killed Dark City to make the above), you can split the cards and put the playable heroes in the Hero box and everything else (Masterminds, Villain Groups, etc) in the expansion box.

As for how many dividers you need, if I recall correctly:
15 Heroes
5 Starter Decks
4 Masterminds
8 Villain Groups
4 Henchmen Groups
6 Misc. - Schemes, Scheme Twists, Master Strikes, Wounds, Bystanders, SHIELD Officers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Likemike wrote:
Hi guys,
I am intrigued by this game - I have been for a while. Yet I am unsure on whether to get it (or one of the other Legendary Games).

Games like this I basically only Play Solo. And one thing I really don't like is having to work to Play it. Now one of the Major negative aspects I read about Legendary is the tedious setup and clean up. Can anyone describe that for me? Does it have a good insert? What exactly do I have to do each Time (besides shuffling the decks)? How Long does it take you on average? Do the Expansions actually make it more tedious?

Thanks for your help!

Mike

This is my most played solo game; in fact I just played it last night and it was fun!

Set up is straightforward but the post above that says it "takes a few minutes" is understating how long it takes. Even with all your substacks organized it takes probably ten minutes to set up the game if you are oranized about it since there are literally about fifteen or twenty decks of cards to pull out, put in the desired places on the boards and shuffle. And the more expansions and players involved the longer it takes.

Also putting the game away likewise is a slight hassle since you then have to redivided all the cards back out into their appropriate sets. Again, it probably takes ten minutes is my guess.

So it's not the LONGEST set up or take down in my collection but it's probably longer than average and long enough to be noticeable. As an analogy Sentinels of the Multiverse is kind of the opposite, it is very easy and quick to set up and put away since everybody just gets their own deck and decks are never shuffled together, but the game is a bit fiddly to play physically solo because you have to manage three or four hands of cards and keep track of how all the card modifiers affect one another. Fortunately the mobile version of Sentinels is AWESOME because it handles all that for you, I highly recommend it if you're looking for a good digital board game. That's why I play Legendary solo on my game table fairly regularly but only play Sentinels solo on my iPad. (Which does raise the point that it would be AMAZING if they ever made a good digital version of Legendary, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
And the more expansions and players involved the longer it takes.

This is just not true... if your cards are well organized with dividers and everything in the box - the number of expansions you have should not matter one bit. You may have a wider variety to choose from, but it shouldn't really make it any harder to find the stacks you need.

Likewise - adding more players does not change anything about the game set-up. Sure it adds more heroes and/or villains - but if it takes you longer to shuffle a 60 card stack than it does to shuffle a 50 card stack... you're probably shuffling wrong.

Set-up for this game should not take more than 5 minutes, tops. Tear down is slightly longer, as you need to divide the cards back into their respective piles, but even so - I don't think it's taken me longer than 5 minutes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
IronSyndicate wrote:
dugman wrote:

This is just not true...

If you want to nitpick, adding Dark City means you need to shuffle the bystander deck to. So it takes a bit longer. Like, 30 seconds or so.

Yeah, I have no idea where this BS about taking so long comes from with expansions. It doesn't really matter. It's a modular game, expansions just give more choices, not more components per game (oh, shards for guardians is the exception).

And how the heck did he get to 15-20 decks is beyond me.

IronSyndicate wrote:

Set-up for this game should not take more than 5 minutes, tops. Tear down is slightly longer, as you need to divide the cards back into their respective piles, but even so - I don't think it's taken me longer than 5 minutes...

Again, to be fair here, when you first get the game it will take you a bit longer to see which card belongs to what.

But after about a couple games or so it shouldn't be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
dugman wrote:

This is just not true... if your cards are well organized with dividers and everything in the box - the number of expansions you have should not matter one bit.

It is true:

- Expansions add new deck types like Sidekicks, Bindings, Hydra cards, etc. More deck types means more things you have to pull out of the box at the beginning of the game which proportionally lengthens that part of the process. Additionally once you add expansions you have to shuffle the Bystander deck which also adds time to the process.

- More players means more stacks to pull out during setup. More players means more allies and/or enemies to pull out of the box and shuffle together which lengthens that part of the process proportionally. It also means more starting decks to hand out and shuffle, and with expansions means possibly some players use different types of decks (eg Hydra vs Shield, Ambition deck if using a Mastermind)

Those factors alone mathematically mean the process takes longer with more players and more expansions, there's no way around it. The extra time grows linearly with the number of players and adds a constant amount of time for extra decks due to expansions.

Also on a related note putting cards back in storage takes longer the more types of cards there are to sort. The length of sorting cards grows, I believe, proportionally to the log of the number of deck types you need to sort (because the more dividers you have the longer it takes to find the proper spots, but finding those spots only takes time proportional to the log).

So when you say it doesn't take any extra time you are wrong, it does. It's just that in your opinion the extra time isn't worth worrying about.

P.S. Five minutes sounds like an underestimate since shuffling itself takes 30-60 seconds and you have a minimum of four decks to shuffle (allies, enemies, bystanders and your starting deck). That would only leave about two minutes to decide on a plot and mastermind, pull them out, pull out the appropriate number of twists and other cards according to the plot's rules, and also to put all the other decks in their proper place on the table. It seems unlikely to do all that in literally two and a half minutes.

So my guess is if you know what you're doing it's 7-10 minutes set up time.

P.P.S. I'll make a correction to the above - If you have multiple players all shuffling decks simultaneously then that would drop the shuffling time down to 30-60 seconds, so you could in that case probably set the game up in about five minutes. One person setting it up alone though takes a bit longer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dugman wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
dugman wrote:

This is just not true... if your cards are well organized with dividers and everything in the box - the number of expansions you have should not matter one bit.

It is true:

- Expansions add new deck types like Sidekicks, Bindings, Hydra cards, etc. More deck types means more things you have to pull out of the box at the beginning of the game which proportionally lengthens that part of the process. Additionally once you add expansions you have to shuffle the Bystander deck which also adds time to the process.

- More players means more stacks to pull out during setup. More players means more allies and/or enemies to pull out of the box and shuffle together which lengthens that part of the process proportionally. It also means more starting decks to hand out and shuffle, and with expansions means possibly some players use different types of decks (eg Hydra vs Shield, Ambition deck if using a Mastermind)

Those factors alone mathematically mean the process takes longer with more players and more expansions, there's no way around it. The extra time grows linearly with the number of players and adds a constant amount of time for extra decks due to expansions.

All technically true, but we're talking seconds here, not minutes. If it's taking you more than 5 seconds to pull out the Sidekicks stack and place it on the board - you may need to rethink your organization method.

Quote:
P.P.S. I'll make a correction to the above - If you have multiple players all shuffling decks simultaneously then that would drop the shuffling time down to 30-60 seconds, so you could in that case probably set the game up in about five minutes. One person setting it up alone though takes a bit longer.

If your friends are sitting around and watching you shuffle - tell them to stop being a-holes and hand them a deck of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
For me, the setup is actually part of the interest.

Sometimes, I design a scenario because I want to justify a reason for certain allies to work together. For example, I just recently did a "Silent Scope" game with sharpshooter-themed characters. I then figured the Midtown Bank Robbery would be best, as with all those hostages in the way, it's harder to get your shot (and then I was reminded why Black Widow should never be used in Midtown Bank Robbery).
For first-time players, I ask them what their favorite part of Marvel is. My last new player said he really loved Iron Man, so I gathered Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, Nick Fury, Steve Rogers, and Falcon (my actual knowledge of Iron Man lore is limited, so I hope I did it right). We had Dr. Doom trying to steal the weaponized plutonium, with Doombots + Masters of Evil and MLF (just because it felt awkward to do MoE WW2 as well). He then said he loved Guardians of the Galaxy, so I just made the whole thing GoG-themed.

Usually, when I make a "random" theme game, I shuffle up my schemes and pick one at random. This is usually my non-negotiable piece. That done, I "randomize" the commander/mastermind, deciding whether the one that comes up really fits. In my last game, we had the scheme to corrupt the next generation of heroes, and Uru-Enchanted Iron Man came up. Immediately, I thought this was fine. We just reversed the flavor of it, that Iron Man was preventing our corruption by raising them to be righteous. At that point, things can be a bit less random. Each villain/adversary that shows, we have to debate a bit as to whether they really make sense for the scenario, or sometimes we'll end up just outright picking ones that make the most sense. Heroes/allies work the same way. This whole thing becomes a discussion among all players the whole way through, and really adds to the experience. When it comes time for takedown, we discuss how things work out as we all contribute to sorting things. We turn it into the social game that, really, it probably was designed to be right from the start (as all good games should be).

I use my Villains box to hold all my allies. I imagine it'll still have room left for Civil War and maybe another one (having gotten all of them so far). My main box holds everything else necessary for the game, including the starters, wounds/bindings, evergreens like S.H.I.E.L.D. Officers, etc. It also holds all of my enemies, but I imagine that might have to change with Civil War. Because I keep the option of having absolute randomness, I will have the main cards of the Masterminds together, and one copy of each of the enemies. It means it's a little more tedium vs. using an app, but actually true randomness often leads to very nonsensical setups.

Of course, this whole post might've been a bit tedious, unless you find the discussion interesting, much like how I approach my setups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
dugman wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
dugman wrote:

It is true:

All technically true, but we're talking seconds here, not minutes. If it's taking you more than 5 seconds to pull out the Sidekicks stack and place it on the board - you may need to rethink your organization method.

Quote:

If your friends are sitting around and watching you shuffle - tell them to stop being a-holes and hand them a deck of cards.

My friends aren't a-holes and I mainly play solo anyway so....

Also I still think you are underestimating the times. But we'll have to agree to disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I own it, have it well organized, and it doesn't take long at all for me to set it up and take it down. I predominantly play it solo -- and if that is your interest, there are several leagues on here that go for a month or a season at a time, where you play competitive solo games. It's a lot of fun.

But it doesn't take much longer than Dominion, honestly, or any other Deck builder where you have to pull out a certain set of cards. (Dominion it's the kingdom decks, Legendary it's the heroes, the mastermind, the villains, and the henchmen--really comparable).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like others have said, organization is the key. That itself will take some time, depending how you want to organize, make dividers, etc. I have every set and expansion so far divided into two big box expansion boxes, (minus Villains and Fear Itself). Once everything is where it should be, and easily attainable, setup goes smooth.

Breakdown will take a bit longer. For me, depending on how satisfying the game session was, it's usually one and done until next time. For other deck builders, I'm more likely to get two, sometimes three games in, because the breakdown is much quicker.

But really, Legendary surprisingly doesn't take any more time to setup than other deck builders, with good organization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Hatinen
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
This is the only deck building game I've played, so I can't compare it to others. I've played a few other more-or-less recent games that I can compare it to, however.

If you have a problem with patience, Magic the Gathering could be better for you. Certainly, having to sort the Hero and villain cards takes much longer than shuffling a Magic deck. And if you have to keep your Hero or villain cards in a certain order (say, alphabetically) it'll take some time.

It's faster to set up and tear down than Settlers of Catan, but takes longer than setting up a game of Free Cell solitaire by hand or a game of Clue. I've never timed setting up or tearing down any of these games, so I can't use measurements. I think it takes me about five minutes to disassemble the decks and another five to set up the next game.

I only think the assembly time matters to those who "need" to get going right away. There probably isn't a way to include the absurd amount of Heroes and Villains this game has that doesn't involve having to choose between a whole bunch of options, and we here would much rather this massive amount of variety than a game that's quick to set up because there are only four Masterminds and 10 Heroes.

"Does it have a good insert?"

It doesn't seem bad to me, although the insert for Eldritch Horror by Fantasy Flight Games is definitely better.

"What exactly do I have to do each Time (besides shuffling the decks)?"

Each time, you'd need to separate out the starting Heroes, recruited Heroes, Villains, Mastermind cards and generic Villain deck stuff (Bystanders, Twists and Strikes).

"Do the Expansions actually make it more tedious?"

No, unless you're obsessive-compulsive about where your Hero or Villain cards have to be. Case in point, all 15 Sidekicks are the same, and I keep them in the same pile as my SHIELD Officers, New Recruits and Madames Hydra. If I chose a Hero or Ally who works with one or more of them, I'll just shuffle through the wacky bonus stuff until I get to the cards I want and set aside the ones I don't expect to use that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B.
msg tools
Thanks for all the Info. I guess I will give a Legendary Game a Chance - still debating on whether to get this one (prefer the theme, Love the fact that it has so many Expansions) or the Alien one (love that ist is more thematic And Story driven, plus I read that the mechanics have improved).

One Last question: would you say an Expansion is almost necessary (as in better buy it with the base game) to really enjoy it Solo? And what Expansion would you recommend for solo Play (for a guy that loves the Movie but hasn't read many comics And prefer all the MCU And NEtflix heroes to the X-Men And fantastic Four - or Even the Heroes that don't have Movies or Netflix-Series coming out)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Dark City is the recommended necessity. The base game really focuses on the "semi" in semi-co-op. Dark City ramps up the challenge significantly. I would recommend Secret Wars v1 after that for the sake of the Sidekicks, but they're not really necessary. It's just nice to have something for 2 when you have nothing else, like how Villains has New Recruits. I fully support trying this game before you buy it. Of course, many of us here love it, but I've heard plenty of people that didn't quite take to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer D

Monroeville
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Midnight Rider wrote:
But really, Legendary surprisingly doesn't take any more time to setup than other deck builders, with good organization.

That's a good point. I don't think any of the issues some people have with setting up Legendary are because of Legendary per se, it's more of a general issue with most deck building games. I'd say Legendary doesn't really take much longer to set up than Trains or Dominion or Xenoshyft, for instance. They all have the same overall scheme of having to choose a bunch of subdecks to pull out and set up and possibly shuffle together. And all of those games have slightly longer set up and take down times than other non-deckbuilding card games like Sentinels of the Multiverse or Smash Up and Seven Wonders.

But when you compare Legendary to something like Eldritch Horror or Battlestar Galactica, for example, which have tons of components and intricate set up procedures Legendary and other deck builders don't have set up times as long as those. It's just when you compare Legendary to "normal" card games that the set up time seems long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's nothing tedious about setup or tear down in my opinion, and I think it's kind of ridiculous that anyone has ever lodged that complaint against this game. People who have made that complaint have clearly never played Pathfinder Adventure Card Game (which has something like 20 decks that you need to shuffle and 3-6 decks to construct from a bunch of different decks) or Eldritch Horror (which has a bunch of decks to shuffle and tokens to mix up) or it's a matter of expectations. Some people look at Legendary and just see a card game, and they expect card games to not have any setup beyond shuffling a single deck. And, OMG, Legendary has four decks to shuffle, and they call that tedious? I don't get it and never have.

I have timed myself a couple times using a stopwatch, and setup for solo play really does take 4-5 minutes if you know what you're doing and your cards are organized properly. I have absolutely done it in less than 5 minutes (but not less than 4). Now, my cards are sleeved, and shuffling sleeved cards is faster/easier for me, so that might shave a minute or two off. Also, that doesn't include deciding which heroes, villains, etc. to use in the setup because I'm usually playing in a league for which the setup is mostly predetermined or I'm playing a Weekly Challenge match for which someone else has designed the setup or I'm using a randomizer app to randomly pick those things for me.

I don't find separating the cards after the game to be time consuming at all, and I actually think it's faster than setup but I have not timed that aspect, honestly, so I cannot say that with much conviction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
Likemike wrote:
Thanks for all the Info. I guess I will give a Legendary Game a Chance - still debating on whether to get this one (prefer the theme, Love the fact that it has so many Expansions) or the Alien one (love that ist is more thematic And Story driven, plus I read that the mechanics have improved).

I haven't played any of the Legendary games other than Marvel. I'll still recommend Marvel over any of them.

1) This game is far more supported in terms of expansion than any of the others. How many expansions will Big Trouble in Little China possibly get? Even Aliens is limited. Marvel is not and the game sells well enough that it's not going to stop anytime soon.

2) Just look at the community support you have around here. You have people running solo leagues, weekly challenges, campaign suggestions etc.
The amount of content offered by BGG community alone should allow this game to return its investment for you easily.

Likemike wrote:

One Last question: would you say an Expansion is almost necessary (as in better buy it with the base game) to really enjoy it Solo?

There are a lot of threads here about this topic. Dark City is by far the number 1 answer you will see in all of them.

The base game worked for solo, but it will become stale very fast on its own. Reason is, the difficulty in the original game is very easy.

All the expansions later on addressed this, but Dark City just gives you the most for your money, since it's a large expansion that gives you *more* content than the original game for a lower price.

Likemike wrote:

And what Expansion would you recommend for solo Play (for a guy that loves the Movie but hasn't read many comics And prefer all the MCU And NEtflix heroes to the X-Men And fantastic Four - or Even the Heroes that don't have Movies or Netflix-Series coming out)?

If you're an MCU fan, that's easy - Guardians of the Galaxy. It has all 5 members of the movie - Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket, Groot and Drax.

Other than that, here's the break down of all expansions, I've highlighted the ones that are currently (or will soon be) in the movies\shows. Also from the examples you've given, I'm not counting the animated shows.

Dark City - As I said, has the best value for money.
Angel - Xmen 3, Xmen Apocalypse
Bishop - Xmen Days of Future Past
Blade - Pre MCU movies
Cable - Confirmed for Deadpool 2
Colossus - Deadpool
Daredevil - Netflix (and the awful Ben Affleck movie)
Domino
Elektra - Netflix (and see above)
Forge
Ghost Rider - Awful Nick Cage movies
Iceman - Xmen movies
Iron Fist - He'll have a follow up series to Luke Cage (which follows Jessica Jones which follows Daredevil) on Netflix
Jean Grey - Xmen movies
Nightcrawler - Xmen movies
Professor X - Xmen movies
Punisher - Appeared on Netflix Daredevil, will also get his own show there too.
Wolverine (X-Force) - NOTE: This is an alternate version of Wolverine, base game already comes with another.

Paint the Town Red - Spider-Man themed expansion
Keep in mind that Spider-Man is in the base set, these are just "allies" of his. I don't think any of them had movies
Black Cat
Moon Knight
Scarlet Spider
Spider-Woman
Symbiote Spider-Man

Secret Wars Volume 1
Note - Secret Wars was an alternate reality thing. While some of the heroes are Marvel big names, a lot of them are alternate versions that will likely won't hit the big screen.

Apocalyptic Kitty Pryde
Black Panther - Civil War. Will have his own movie.
Black Bolt - Will be in the Inhuman movie. I think release date is 2018
Captain Marvel - Confirmed to get her own movie
Dr. Strange - Movie coming out later this year
Lady Thor
Magik
Maximus - Most likely be the villain of the Inhuman movie
Namor, the Sub-Mariner
Old Man Logan
Proxima Midnight - One of Thanos's followers, has a good chance to be in Avengers: Infinity War
Superior Iron Man
Thanos - The MCU major villain
Ultimate Spider-Man

Secret Wars Volume 2
Agent Venom
Arkon the Magnificent
Beast - Xmen movies
Black Swan
Captain Britain
Corvus Glaive - Like Proxima, he might be in Infinity Wars
Dr. Punisher, Soldier Supreme
Elsa Bloodstone
Phoenix Force Cyclops
Ruby Summers
Shang-Chi
Silk
Soulsword Colossus
Spider-Gwen
Time-Traveling Jean Grey

Fantastic Four - Out of print expansion, obviously all characters were in their movise.
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Mr. Fantastic
Silver Surfer
Thing

I don't own Captain America expansion, but it's basically just alternate versions of Captain America (he comes in the base set) and people who took over his mantle like Falcon and Winter Soldier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.