Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game of Wings for the Baron yesterday, and it went down a storm with all five of us. I won a close game as Roland by ignoring everything except banking and factory building in the late game, and by playing the two licenced production markers on the last two turns to hoover up contracts (I had an Ace - Udet I think - that boosted the effectiveness of this).

My fighter effectiveness had fallen some way behind the best German planes, and was some way short of the Allied fighter effectiveness too, which made we wonder what would happen if Roland's fighter effectiveness fell more than 10 behind that of the Sopwiths and SPADs?

Normally this would preclude a Konzern from receiving any contracts (love the comment in the rules about the Army not wanting training planes!), but in this case Roland is presumably manufacturing Fokkers under licence or similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Normally this would preclude a Konzern from receiving any contracts (love the comment in the rules about the Army not wanting training planes!), but in this case Roland is presumably manufacturing Fokkers under licence or similar?

Yes, that is exactly what is happening.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls