Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Onirim» Forums » Rules

Subject: Additional Nightmare(s) when replenishing your hand with just one card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
. .
msg tools
Hi,
I know there were already a lot of similar questions, but I didn't find anything specifically about this:

The rules say:
Quote:
If you have 5 cards in your hand, go to phase 3 “Shuffle the Limbo pile.”
Otherwise, continue to replenish your hand and draw the top card from the deck.
Note: if you have less than 4 cards, you draw – and, if necessary,
resolve – one card after the other.

Since it specifically mentions a case with less than 4 cards
(so 3 or less in hand), does that mean that if I have to draw just one card (I have 4 in hand) to replenish my hand and it happens to be a Nightmare I don't need to resolve it? (I place it in the limbo and draw another)

From the answers to similar questions on this forum it seems to me that most of you play in a way that you can only ignore additional Nightmares if you resolved a previous Nightmare by discarding your hand - but why would then be such a specific mention in the rules?

Which interpretation is correct?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You would have to resolve the nightmare in this case.

The rules mention the "less than 4" hand to indicate that you should resolve each card as you draw and not draw up a full hand of cards and THEN resolve the cards. You would still resolve a nightmare if you drew one when drawing as normal to replenish your hand. You only ignore further nightmare (dream cards) if you discard your hand to resolve a nightmare.

For example:

You have 5 cards in hand. You play a card. You draw a card and it's a door. You have a key in your hand of the same color and you use the key on the door. You have 3 cards in hand. You draw a card and it's a nightmare. You resolve the nightmare by discarding the top 5 of the deck. You draw again and it's yet another door. You have no key so you put it in limbo. You draw a card and it's a location card. You have 4 cards in hand. You draw a card and it's a nightmare. You would then have to still resolve the nightmare as normal.

I hope I understood you correctly and was clear on the rules, if anyone else can chime in as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .
msg tools
milthurs wrote:
The rules mention the "less than 4" hand to indicate that you should resolve each card as you draw and not draw up a full hand of cards and THEN resolve the cards.

Oh! This makes it perfectly clear now. I didn't realize it could be interpereted in that way, but it makes much more sense than having a specific rule for "less than 4" cards. Thank you!

Best regards,
iMpig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls