Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Elixir of Life rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You may drink from the Elixir of Life whenever you lose a life. To do so, roll 1 die:

1) The Elixir drains to the discard pile
2) Lose 1 life
3) Nothing happens
4-5) Heal 1 life
6) Heal 2 life


Are you allowed to use the Elixir of Life, after you have lost a life by the use of the Elixir of Life?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
You may drink from the Elixir of Life whenever you lose a life. To do so, roll 1 die:

1) The Elixir drains to the discard pile
2) Lose 1 life
3) Nothing happens
4-5) Heal 1 life
6) Heal 2 life


Are you allowed to use the Elixir of Life, after you have lost a life by the use of the Elixir of Life?
If you used it and lost a life (rolled 2), you have drunk it - and discarded it.
Unless you have another Elixir, you cannot drink from it again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What? You have only to discard the Elixir of Life, if you roll a "1" while using it. Nothing on it says, that you have to discard it after rolling a "2" to "6".

Thematically, it says, "you may drink from the Elixir (...)", not "you may drink the Elixir (...)".

Regarding balancing, that would be quite surprising, too, considering the fact, that it is a treasure card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azoic
Germany
flag msg tools
azoic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
'You may drink from the Elixir of Life whenever you lose a life. To do so, roll 1 die'

If you roll a "2", you lose a life and of course you may drink from the elixir again. You only have to discard it, if you roll a "1"!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is thematically odd, but rules-wise, I see no reason that you can't drink from the exilir repeatedly after rolling a 2 with it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
What? You have only to discard the Elixir of Life, if you roll a "1" while using it. Nothing on it says, that you have to discard it after rolling a "2" to "6".

Thematically, it says, "you may drink from the Elixir (...)", not "you may drink the Elixir (...)".

Regarding balancing, that would be quite surprising, too, considering the fact, that it is a treasure card.
My bad.
I mixed the Elixir with other potions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robin wrote:
I mixed the Elixir with other potions.

Dude, that's like, "Potion-ology Rule #2: Do not mix random potions together".
(Rule #1 is "don't drink that")
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
grarrrg wrote:
Robin wrote:
I mixed the Elixir with other potions.

Dude, that's like, "Potion-ology Rule #2: Do not mix random potions together".
(Rule #1 is "don't drink that")
Indeed!laugh
(the pun was actually intended)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls