Subject: Card 38 Diviciacus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unshaded capability question. "Caesar's druid: If Aedui and Romans agree, their Command or defence in Battle may treat Aedui Warbands or Auxilia where together as the other"

My question is whether this is restricted to the Battle Command, or if you can also treat them as the other type for the other commands, like March using for example a Roman march command to move a group of Roman Auxilia and Aedui warbands, possibly combined with a Scout.

My interpretation of the text is to assume you can do all commands treating them as the same, and on top of that it also works in the passive mode while defending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Craddock
United States
Dallas
Tx
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
macfix wrote:
Unshaded capability question. "Caesar's druid: If Aedui and Romans agree, their Command or defense in Battle may treat Aedui Warbands or Auxilia where together as the other"

My question is whether this is restricted to the Battle Command, or if you can also treat them as the other type for the other commands, like March using for example a Roman march command to move a group of Roman Auxilia and Aedui warbands, possibly combined with a Scout.

My interpretation of the text is to assume you can do all commands treating them as the same, and on top of that it also works in the passive mode while defending.

If both factions agree, they can use the others WB or Auxilia for any Command in all applicable regions for that Command. The Playbook gives some context.

"Pro-Roman sidelined: Romans and Aedui may not transfer Resources
to one another.

Tips. Once the two Factions agree, that agreement holds during that
action (1.5.2) and allows use of the other’s pieces in all applicable
Regions desired."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that it says "command or battle" so I don't think Romans can use Aedui warbands to scout since that's an SA rather than a command.
Not sure if Aedui can use auxilia to ambush, technically it's an SA but it modifies the command.

Would it allow them to place the other factions pieces as part of recruit/rally? Not often a good choice, but might be useful if controlling both factions or if one side has run out of pieces.
I read it as only pieces on the board being interchangeable, but I'm not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Quote:
Not sure if Aedui can use auxilia to ambush, technically it's an SA but it modifies the command.
Yes. If there is a Battle in the Region and the Roman's have agreed, then all Auxilia there may be counted as Aedui Warbands in and for that Battle, including for purpose of determining whether that Battle may be modified by adding Ambush.

Scout, as you noted, is a Special Ability that is separate from rather than modifying a Command, so Aedui Warbands cannot Scout via DIVICIACUS (but see Event 44 DUMNORIX LOYALISTS).

Quote:
Would it allow them to place the other factions pieces as part of recruit/rally?

Yes. (The Region would already have to have both types in it, before a Rally there placed the non-Rallying Faction's type.)

Best, Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois-Xavier
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the answers everyone. And special thanks to Volko for creating yet another amazing game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you F-X! modest

Very glad that you are enjoying it. And I love the avatar (naturally)!

Volko

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls