Scott Jacoby
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I've only relatively recently gotten into hobby gaming. I do have a group of friends I play with, however we don't meet regularly enough so I'm looking for a more consistent thing.

I've compiled a couple of lists below, so you can better get to know my tastes.

Games I own and can contribute to the group:

Between Two Cities
Tsuro
Betrayal at House on the Hill (I just pre-ordered the Widow's Walk expansion)
Dominion (base)
Dead of Winter
Sushi Go
King of Tokyo
Snake Oil
Cards Against Humanity (base)

I know it's a small collection, but considering I'm only just starting and want to get some more mileage out of these games before I buy another. Although I'm deeply considering purchasing Codenames in the near future.

Games I've played and enjoyed but don't own:

Settlers of Catan
Carcassone
Pandemic
The Resistance
One Night Ultimate Werewolf
Coup
Ticket to Ride
Exploding Kittens
Expansions for Dominion
Expansions for CAH

*please note* A couple of things I would like to avoid playing are RPGs or Magic the Gathering. I'm really not into the fantasy genre, though I'm not opposed to playing a game that is fantasy themed, I would just like to avoid groups that largely play RPGs and or Magic types of games.

I hope I can find a nice group of people in Western Suffolk Long Island to have a good time and share several laughs with on a regular basis. If age matters to you (it doesn't to me, but close in age people are always nice) I'm 25, turning 26 at the end of the summer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
If you don't mind heading to Nassau,
http://www.meetup.com/Huntington-Tabletop-Board-Games-Meetup...
http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-364/

In Suffolk, there's LIBO. Chris can chime in about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
When you say western Suffolk what town exactly. I live closer to eastern Suffolk but have been looking for a new group as mine has kind of disbanded in recent years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jacoby
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Fenderbass124 wrote:
When you say western Suffolk what town exactly. I live closer to eastern Suffolk but have been looking for a new group as mine has kind of disbanded in recent years.

I'm in Farmingville, but right on the boarder of Ronkonkoma. I am willing to travel no more than 20/30 mins.

Maybe if we get a couple more people, Chris, we can start our own group. One locale I would consider starting a group to play at is Hoptron Brewtique in Patchogue. Might get too noisy if we play a talk-heavy game, though.

Where out east are you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jacoby
United States
New York
flag msg tools
lankyb wrote:
If you don't mind heading to Nassau,
http://www.meetup.com/Huntington-Tabletop-Board-Games-Meetup...
http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-364/

In Suffolk, there's LIBO. Chris can chime in about that.

Thanks so much for those links! Those are a little far out for me to travel on a regular basis. Could potentially be an every once in a while type of thing for me, so I'll keep those in mind. Thanks so much, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Scott. My friend Mike lives a block away from Hoptron and used to be a regular there (he's working evenings and drinking less these days but he still gets in there now and then and is well-known by all of the staff). Hoptron is definitely friendly to gaming. We play there every time I get down to LI to visit.

Some games we've played there:
Ghost Stories
Tigris & Euphrates
Ziegen Kriegen
Coloretto
Nexus Ops
King of Tokyo
Love Letter
Terra Nova
Survive
Cornerstone
Bladder

If you're serious about starting something regular at Hoptron, send me a private message and I'll give you contact info for Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This group also looks like it's closer to you: http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-531/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And this one might be even closer: http://www.meetup.com/katiesgamenight/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gallo
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Jacos25 wrote:
Fenderbass124 wrote:

I'm in Farmingville, but right on the boarder of Ronkonkoma. I am willing to travel no more than 20/30 mins.

Maybe if we get a couple more people, Chris, we can start our own group. One locale I would consider starting a group to play at is Hoptron Brewtique in Patchogue. Might get too noisy if we play a talk-heavy game, though.

Where out east are you?

I'm in the Mastic/Shirley/Moriches area which isn't far from you and a lot of games not getting any play now. I have a fair amount too. Some of the games off the top of my head I have are;

Sentinels Of The Multiverse
Sentinels Tactics
Blood Rage
Magic: Arena Of The Planeswalker
Smash Up
King Of Tokyo/King Of New York
Ultimate Warriorz
Small World
7 Wonders
Dead Of Winter
Battlestar Galactica
Fury Of Dracula 3.0
Pandemic
Pandemic The Cure
Forbidden Desert
Eldritch Horror
Kemet
Nexus Ops
Marvel Legendary
Str Realms (enough to play 4)
Sheriff Of Nottingham
Cash And Guns 2.0
Spyfall
Codenames
Machi Koro
One Night Ultimate Werewolf and Daybreak
The Resistance: Avalon
Bang: The Dice Game
Coup
Biblios
Camel Cup
Ticket To Ride
Citadels
For Sale
Sushi Go

Oh man I'm not home but I have so many more than even those that I can't quite remember lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jacoby
United States
New York
flag msg tools
trawlerman wrote:
And this one might be even closer: http://www.meetup.com/katiesgamenight/

Thank you so much! Those two groups seem more like my speed. I'll definitely keep those in mind. I'll send you a PM in a few moments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jacoby
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Fenderbass124 wrote:
Jacos25 wrote:
Fenderbass124 wrote:

Where out east are you?

I'm in the Mastic/Shirley/Moriches area which isn't far from you and a lot of games not getting any play now. I have a fair amount too. Some of the games off the top of my head I have are;

Sentinels Of The Multiverse
Sentinels Tactics
Blood Rage
Magic: Arena Of The Planeswalker
Smash Up
King Of Tokyo/King Of New York
Ultimate Warriorz
Small World
7 Wonders
Dead Of Winter
Battlestar Galactica
Fury Of Dracula 3.0
Pandemic
Pandemic The Cure
Forbidden Desert
Eldritch Horror
Kemet
Nexus Ops
Marvel Legendary
Str Realms (enough to play 4)
Sheriff Of Nottingham
Cash And Guns 2.0
Spyfall
Codenames
Machi Koro
One Night Ultimate Werewolf and Daybreak
The Resistance: Avalon
Bang: The Dice Game
Coup
Biblios
Camel Cup
Ticket To Ride
Citadels
For Sale
Sushi Go

Oh man I'm not home but I have so many more than even those that I can't quite remember lol.

All that sounds awesome! I'm gonna send you a PM in a few moments and maybe we can start a Hoptron thing with the Mike fellow mentioned above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LIBO does meet in Ronkonkoma ...

No meetup group (better ways to spend $20/month)

Probably about ... ~5000 games total within the group. No RPGs, No Magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Beem
United States
East Setauket
New York
flag msg tools
mb
I'm also new to the area (East Setauket) and I stumbled upon LIBO's website but they don't appear to have updated it since 2013. What's the best way to get in touch with those folks (assuming that they are looking for new members)?

On a side note, does anybody know of any wargame groups in the area? I've met a few gamers since I've been here but, as is usual, wargamers remain elusive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
HumanBeem wrote:
What's the best way to get in touch with those folks (assuming that they are looking for new members)?

You have already gotten in touch with them in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Specifically contact
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Jacoby
United States
New York
flag msg tools
HumanBeem wrote:
I'm also new to the area (East Setauket) and I stumbled upon LIBO's website but they don't appear to have updated it since 2013. What's the best way to get in touch with those folks (assuming that they are looking for new members)?

On a side note, does anybody know of any wargame groups in the area? I've met a few gamers since I've been here but, as is usual, wargamers remain elusive.

I grew up in E. Setauket. I loved it there. You will too. Perhaps you are interested in doing the Hoptron meet ups mentioned above? Patchogue should only be a 20/30 minute drive for you. Straight down Nicholls Road to the end and then west for a few short miles.

Still working to organize the thing. Keep in touch! (Feel free to PM anytime.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lankyb wrote: