Jochen Balzer
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just confused about the 2nd goal of the German version of P&B.

First goal needs me to be solid with Harken, lets me come close enough tgo the cruiser and afterwards grants me a warrant.
OK so far.

But the second goal says (in that order):

- Must be solid with Harken.
- Fly to Persephone. Pay money to Badger to get rid of all your warrents.

Now my question:
How can I get solid with Harken when I have a warrent?
The base rules say that in that second I get a warrent I lose solid with Harken. So I assume that I cannot get solid with him while I have a warrent.

So is there a mistake in the German translation of the Story card?
I don't think that I first have to be solid with Harken and afterwards there is still the need of getting rid of all warrents by paying Badger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
There may be a typo. I believe it's actually "Be Solid with Badger."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically you could get solid with Harken if you have a warrant by already having an inactive job from him in your hands and completing it. Alternatively, you could also stop by the cruiser and pay off the warrant and then get a job from him.

That said though, I agree, it is a typo. You have to become solid with Badger for that next step in order to use his ability and clear your warrants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
Technically you could get solid with Harken if you have a warrant by already having an inactive job from him in your hands and completing it.

You can't become solid with Harken if you have a warrant. You'd have to get rid of it first, even if you already had a Harken job in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question/point that came up in our game on Goal 2:
- the goal is to 'Pay Badger $5000 to clear all warrants', but what is the requirement, to Pay Badger or to Clear warrants ?
I ask because we had the situation where I had rescued my 'mate' and was off to see Badger when the Cruiser was set on me by my charming colleague and I had to pay my warrant off, now can I still do Goal 2 by paying Badger to clear my Warrants (all zero of them but I'd still pay him) or not because I had no Warrants to clear ?
My view was the former as I had done Goal 1 and the only real requirements for Goal 2 was to get Solid and then to pay £5000, there's (maybe quite obviously) was that without Warrants on me I couldn't do it.
In the end they relented (it's only a game) but what's the opinion around here, it's a quiet evening cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know there's been a thread about this before, and I believe the general consensus was that "to clear all warrants" is essentially just flavor. Personally, I prefer to assume that Badger is generically "taking care of things," including clearing warrants and creating false paperwork (not actual "Fake ID") for them as needs it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dangerous Partners
United Kingdom
Swindon
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
I know there's been a thread about this before, and I believe the general consensus was that "to clear all warrants" is essentially just flavor. Personally, I prefer to assume that Badger is generically "taking care of things," including clearing warrants and creating false paperwork (not actual "Fake ID") for them as needs it...
That's what I was saying to them, just because you cleared your warrant with a fine Badger was clearing your name/image , in the end one of the other guys beat me by about 2 turns (after the two of them surrounded me with three Reavers in the Red Sun system) so nothing for anyone to worry about after all.
Sometimes people get a little bit too literal in games, especially thematic ones like Firefly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
There may be a typo. I believe it's actually "Be Solid with Badger."

My son and I actually just played this one a couple of days ago. Yes, goal #2 is indeed first be solid with Badger.

Oh, and my son CRUSHED me (revenge for me crushing him the day before in King of All Londinium).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls