Subject: How is this even possible!?!? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, Just came off back-to-back Propaganda cards (#1 & #2), and I was feeling pretty good. I had 9 Resources as the 26July Faction, but Raul has already gone by (that limited my ability to kidnap in the first act). I also have 4 Guerrillas and a Base in Havana, which has no Control and is Neutral.

So, then the following happened:

Escapade - DRbot puts a Base and Guerrilla in Camaguey (no big deal). Govtbot Trains in Havana to get Control back, then follows this up with a single Civic Action, so no Rally there for me now.

Pact of Miami - SynBot causes me to lose 3 Resources, so down to 6, and makes me ineligible.

Larrazabal - Only the Govtbot is eligible, so takes the Event. Random roll takes the Havana Base off, and I'm now down to 3 Resources. At least I become eligible.

Rebel Air Force - What?!?!? Synbot takes the Event, picks me, rolls a 3! Now at 0 Resources.

So, 4 cards in from a Prop, I haven't done anything, lost 9 Resources and a Base in Havana! Can anyone beat that for crappy luck?

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strat-O-Matic College Football: 1986 Clemson vs. 1988 Clemson. The game was abandoned with 7:15 remaining in the 3rd quarter as my opponent lost his 10th fumble. This doesn't even mention the 2 fumbles he recovered, or the 2 interceptions he threw. It's the only time in 28 years I've allowed someone to surrender/abandon a game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Grossman
United States
Grand Junction
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The real Fidel was pretty upset about the Pact of Miami too. He got much luckier with card sequencing than you, though. I always seem to have that kind of luck when playing the 26 July and still have never pulled off a solo win with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm 3 Prop cards in to my second game, and look like I'm going to lose again, this time to the SynBot. 0-2, but at least I'm in good company!

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You know what, though, in my second game, I realized that I'd played a Captured Goods rule wrong, and I stole some Cash from the SynBot that I shouldn't have right before. I bet that run of cards immediately afterwards was retribution. With the 2 Cash tokens, I got 6 Resources and the Base in Havana. I lost the Base and 9 Resources. 50% interest on "borrowing" the Cash seems about right. Karma, I suppose.

Colin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls