Hide
6 Posts

Arcadia Quest: Inferno» Forums » General

Subject: Arcadia Quest or Arcadia Quest: Inferno for a Newbie? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Zamora
msg tools
I was thinking of getting into Arcadia Quest and i was wondering if people suggest i get the first Arcadia Quest and its expansions first or can i just go straight to Arcadia Quest Inferno.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Start with the one that appeals to you more. If you don't care either way, the first one is a little simpler and is available now. But if you like the theme/style of Inferno, the added complexity is really minor and shouldn't dissuade you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Holman
United States
Lehi
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd go with the original Arcadia Quest (and its expansion). There is a lot of game there to keep you interested and if you fall in love with it, and you will, you'll be ready for Arcadia Quest: Inferno to drop later this year

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loganholman wrote:
I'd go with the original Arcadia Quest (and its expansion). There is a lot of game there to keep you interested and if you fall in love with it, and you will, you'll be ready for Arcadia Quest: Inferno to drop later this year

What he said. The first game is a lit of fun and you can get it and start playing now. Inferno is anyone's guess on if it will be fun (we assume it will be just because the franchise has been great do so far) but you have to wait into October in the least to even try it.

All of the characters from the original game can be used in Inferno later, so if you do really enjoy the game and want to get that later, then you can.

Had the kickstarter still been going on, I might have suffered Inferno first just for the free extras, but since you can't get those anyway at this point, the base game is a much better option
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Zamora
msg tools
Thanks for the advice guys i'll definitely pick up the base set soon. Plus i'm starting to enjoy painting mini's, and arcadia quest seems to have great figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Check out the Board Game Beacon Blog: Click here then click on "Blogs" in the menu bar
badge
Follow me on Twitter: @BoardGameBeacon
mbmbmbmbmb
I committed to the Inferno Kickstarter before I'd even played Arcadia Quest. I was persuaded by the multitude of great reviews for AQ (the basic game is tried and tested so I knew Inferno was guaranteed to be great) and all the extra exclusive content that comes with the Inferno Kickstarter. I have since played two scenarios of an AQ Beyond the Grave campaign and it's fantastic fun!

I think Inferno's Damnation mechanic will really add something to the game and the Brimstone cards, which are a cousin to the BTG Tombstone cards, will also keep things more than interesting. And I haven't even mentioned the Angels yet!

I prefer the look and theme of Inferno too, with Devils and Harpys replacing Orcs and Goblins. Having said that, if I had enough spare space and cash I would definitely get AQ too!

You should also check out Pets when that is released as it is fantastic and as well as having its own campaign it can be plugged-in to any other AQ game to add a new fresh angle to scenarios and campaigns you may have already played before. This is something I've also pledged for and can't wait to arrive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls