Subject: Resin Scribe Build Guide? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Wells
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hello everyone,

I was given a resin Scribe for my birthday (yay!), but as I try to assemble it, I am having some difficulties. Usually I can just look at some pictures of the complete miniature and figure it out, but there are just so many arms and many of the larger sections don't obviously fit together.

I am specifically asking about the throne (since the Scribe and his Lectern are straight forward). I've figured out the very top and very bottom, but the middle eludes me.

So if anyone has any tips, pics, or build instructions, I would very much appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Fox
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try the vibrant latern, they hve info and pictures on most of the builds

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will_W wrote:
Hello everyone,

I was given a resin Scribe for my birthday (yay!), but as I try to assemble it, I am having some difficulties. Usually I can just look at some pictures of the complete miniature and figure it out, but there are just so many arms and many of the larger sections don't obviously fit together.

I am specifically asking about the throne (since the Scribe and his Lectern are straight forward). I've figured out the very top and very bottom, but the middle eludes me.

So if anyone has any tips, pics, or build instructions, I would very much appreciate it.

I built mine a couple years ago now, but if I remember right there are letters on each piece. A connects to B which connects to C. It was a bit of a puzzle at first but it all went together nice and clean with very little question of where things went.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Wells
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
godzilla999666 wrote:
You might try the vibrant latern, they hve info and pictures on most of the builds

Unfortunately, Vibrant Lantern (which I have made extensive use of in the past - particularly for those Phoenix hands!) only has builds for the plastic models. When the Plastic version of the Scribe is finally released with the Lantern Festival Expansion, I'm sure he'll update, but then Resin and Plastic often have different builds anyway.

Cheshiremonkey wrote:

I built mine a couple years ago now, but if I remember right there are letters on each piece. A connects to B which connects to C. It was a bit of a puzzle at first but it all went together nice and clean with very little question of where things went.

I didn't notice any letters, but I will go back and look more closely. I put primer on all of the pieces already, so that might be making them harder to see. Thanks though - if I can find those letters, that should help a LOT.

Edit- Update: Okay, I've found SOME letters. Piece E (or maybe E1?), piece G, a piece that MIGHT be F.

I've already glued piece B to another piece for the base (which I have confirmed is correct looking at assembled models).

The top two pieces of the throne are also glued together, but the letters must have been on the inside, because there's no letter on the sides facing out.

And, finally, I can't find letters on any of the small pieces.

Sooo... some progress, but still fairly lost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm stretching the limits of what I can remember, but I also seem to recall layering the pieces as well. As in you first make the throne back where the scribe sits, then you build a middle portion, then you build the backside of the throne.

If you fiddle with the pieces enough it should be fairly obvious where they go. I swear when I did I was confused as well, but then it all just clicked and I built it in a few minutes. Don't give up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Bernocchi
Italy
Busto Arsizio
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this link:
http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/sold-out/products/t...
Some useful pics

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Wells
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Cheshiremonkey wrote:
I'm stretching the limits of what I can remember, but I also seem to recall layering the pieces as well. As in you first make the throne back where the scribe sits, then you build a middle portion, then you build the backside of the throne.

If you fiddle with the pieces enough it should be fairly obvious where they go. I swear when I did I was confused as well, but then it all just clicked and I built it in a few minutes. Don't give up!

That's been my experience as well, actually. Finding those letters basically confirmed that certain items went in a certain order, so I was able to make a lot more progress.

However, I have run into one problem. I... THINK I might be missing a piece. So let me ask you all this, for anyone who remembers - is the section outlined in Red in the photo (see below) one piece or several smaller pieces glued together?

Right now, I can't seem to find a combination of smaller pieces that make that shape, and the rest of the throne back has been large crescent-shaped pieces (for the most part) that all fit together in a very nested fashion. If this one part is the exception, then fair enough, but if it's not, then I'm missing a piece and need to contact someone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
mbmb
I haven't built mine yet and seeing the back photo I might just leave it, that actually looks wort than the Phoenix hands to build!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls