Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wanted to share a simple (some might suggest simplistic) idea that I had concerning getting those leaders back in the box without damaging them. This is especially problematic if you ordered rcpete22's awesome awesome acrylic leader stands.. Even using the game's stands, the leaders probably should not be taken on and off, if you have witnessed the damage that those stands do. This makes it hard to store them if you have storage for other things in your box. But the acrylic stands take up a lot more room and acrylic is prone to scratching, which can ruin it.

So... I have come up with a simple solution which costs approximately $1.

What to do with these?:

First, I found a suitably shaped box, such as this:

But this didn't protect the stands adequately, because they were still free to slide around. So, I cut strips of cardstock (poster-board really, from the Dollar store, hence the "$1" claim), and folded them into strips like an accordion:

The bottom of those I made like a well, almost like the fold at the top of a match book. The length of the strip of course compressed immensely, I ended up cutting 4 strips about 5cm wide from a 28" poster board and folding them and taping them together (sorry about mixing English and metric, it's just the way I roll...) They went into the box just so:

And the leaders went in each slot, keeping them really snug and safe:

OK, this is kind of silly how simple it is, but I think that is part of the charm. I looked around at the usual suspects for storage solutions, and they were really expensive. After the game cost and the stands cost (which admittedly aren't cheap), I was done spending cash on this, so I am happy with the results. A perfect project for a Sunday afternoon on a Holiday!

And it all fits perfectly in the box:

Side note: I am always sightly bemused about folks complaining about the size of the box. From my perspective, it is a perfect size. In fact, if there are expansions, I worry about getting it all in. Wouldn't there be a ton of complaints if it were a lot smaller? But there is not much wasted space at this point, that is, if you want to actually protect the components and not just chuck 'em in there.

Anyway...

Hope you liked this. Happy Gaming!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea, really love cheap cardboard solutions...

You're link for the acrylic stands doesn't seem to work, care to take a look?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One day... they all rebel against you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:

You're link for the acrylic stands doesn't seem to work, care to take a look?

Oops, not sure why that happened. Have a look at the image
and there is a thread associated with it that should get you everything you need.

Or, you can just GM:

Pete S
United States
PA
flag msg tools
Check out my shop at BoardGameBoost.com!
badge
Check out my shop at BoardGameBoost.com!
mbmbmbmb

directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Venters
United States
Evergreen
Colorado
flag msg tools
If you want to sing out...
badge
Music is the sound of human emotion
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my solution: I built a custom box to hold them. The best thing is everything still fits in my cut down box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bradley
United States
Gray
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just toss mine in the box. I mean, it's not like they are going to get crushed by anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls