Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

XenoShyft: Onslaught» Forums » Variants

Subject: Adding a new phase to help in round 1; 4 and 7 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hello all,

As some of you might know, there has been complaints about the fact that the game was unbalanced during round 1, 4 and 7 since players didn't get the chance to build up their decks. As a matter of fact, the new expansion Dreadmire is suggesting a new rule to '' rebalance '' the game by reducing the number of enemy during the first round of every wave to 3 and adding a mandatory boss during every wave's last round.

I have an alternative to this rule which I think works great, but I would like to know your thought about it.

Here's the new rule :

Before the first round of every wave (1;4 and 7), you add a requisition phase (yes, I'm a fan of Warhammer 40K RPG).

During requisition phase, every player may use all of their xenosathem, both from their deck and discard pile, to buy extra items to upgrade their deck. Once it is done, every player shuffles his deck and draws his new hand.

As a counterpart, during requisition phase, players cannot use any special ability from their division card that would reduce the cost. Also, during wave 1; 4 and 7, players cannot draw an extra Xenosathem at the beginning of the acquire resources phase.

I don't claim to be an expert in game design so I'm really opened to your comments. Let me know what you think about it and how it could be improved.

Best,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archie Baker
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Hmmm... Fresh idea.
Do you mean collect all xenosathem cards at the beginning of the game and after wrap up phase of round 3 and 6, and buy items? What about aquaire phase after requisition phase? Maybe aquaire phase must be canceled? Because I already bought some cards. Slippery moment.
I think the balance will suffer. In this case need countermeasures, more monsters ... or some else.
Actually I am on your side, this is interesting variant of play. In the game many strong and expencive cards, especially upgraded items (from Kickstarter Exclusive Card Packs). From one side your idea is nice, but from another I can buy all of them and my deck will be to very powerful.
Need to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls