6 Posts

Tournay» Forums » Rules

Subject: What does priest function mean? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
balmydrizzle balmydrizzle
Taiwan
flag msg tools
In the player aid, it explain the function of priest as : "Every white building in the same row/column can be activated twice. These 2 activations require 2 different actions". What exactly the last sentence mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
That you cannot activate the same building twice in one turn, as you only have one action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The general idea for Priest is the following.

Normally, you cannot activate a building that already has a citizen on it.

If a building benefits from a Priest, it can be also be activated if it has a single citizen on it (but not two).

There has been some discussion (perhaps not completely resolved by the designers) regarding the interaction between Priest and damage. See this thread: Assigning damage to buildings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taiwan
flag msg tools
cymric wrote:
That you cannot activate the same building twice in one turn, as you only have one action.

I still don't quite understand it. Can you explain more detail? I'll appreciate if you can give an example. Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Burkart
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
balmydrizzle wrote:
cymric wrote:

I still don't quite understand it. Can you explain more detail? I'll appreciate if you can give an example. Thanks in advance.

Let's say that you have a Priest card next to a Level 1 Market card. You can use your turn to put a yellow citizen on the Market card, which activates it and gets you 5 coins. Normally, you cannot activate the Market card again until you spend a turn to recall your citizens. The Priest allows you to use another yellow citizen on another turn (i.e. as another action) to activate the Market card again, even if there is already one citizen on it.

You might think of the priest's effect as doubling the "size" of each building in its row and column. Normally, each building can only accommodate one citizen; the priest allows two citizens/meeples to be placed on them. It takes two turns to do this, though, as you can only place one citizen/meeple on a card per turn.

Does that help make the Priest's function clearer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Crystal clear, Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.