Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Pandemic: On the Brink» Forums » Variants

Subject: Blank Event Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Natalie Raymond
Canada
flag msg tools
Have not tried them yet but thought of a couple that could be fun.

Double Dip:
Allows a player to take an additional turn. Play after the Infection Phase at the end of a players turn. Does not count as an action.

Reeling it in:
Move the Outbreak marker back ONE space. This turns Infection phase cannot cause an Outbreak in ANY city. Play at any time. Does not count as an action.


Thoughts?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Double Dip event seems way too powerful. I believe there is an event card that allows 2 extra actions so allowing 4 would outright make that other one not as good.

Reeling it in seems okay but I think only one of the other should be in the event, either moving back the marker or not allowing outbreaks in any city. I would lean more towards not allowing outbreaks. If that is the case, what happens if a city gets to 4 cubes? Do you put the fourth there or do you just leave it at 3 cubes? Changing the wording might help clarify it such as "This turns Infection phase cannot cause an Outbreak in ANY city. If a 4th cube would be added to a city, do not add one." Or something along those lines.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If the extra turn granted by Double Dip still includes an infection phase and everything, I don't think it's overpowered. It would be highly useful sometimes to let one person act twice in a row, but with the same threat of outbreaks and such that every person faces.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
If the extra turn granted by Double Dip still includes an infection phase and everything, I don't think it's overpowered. It would be highly useful sometimes to let one person act twice in a row, but with the same threat of outbreaks and such that every person faces.

Yeah, I suppose it is a little different since it does include the infection phase. Yeah, it is probably not a bad event card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Soto
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrFettuccine wrote:
runtsta wrote:
If the extra turn granted by Double Dip still includes an infection phase and everything, I don't think it's overpowered. It would be highly useful sometimes to let one person act twice in a row, but with the same threat of outbreaks and such that every person faces.

Yeah, I suppose it is a little different since it does include the infection phase. Yeah, it is probably not a bad event card.

That and it removes a turn from another player as well, as from my interperetation they get the 4 actions, 2 player cards, and standard infection.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amber Smith
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
ncraymond1990 wrote:

Reeling it in:
Move the Outbreak marker back ONE space.

Thoughts?

We just did this. Only this portion, not the part you mention about infection. Was pretty cool. But it was a game without outbreaks, and instead cubes everywhere!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls