- Larry Schneider(schnel)United States
There has been a lot of talk regarding variants to make the game play in a shorter amount of time. But from what I see, it's been more talk and not so much in the way of play testing.
So I'm going to start my own play testing of what I think would make for a faster game. My idea is simple and parts of it have already been discussed:
SHORT GAME VARIANT
1. Remove all 8 of the remote planets and 2 of the outer rim populous planets with minimal production, e.g., Ryloth and Kessel. Treat these planets as "destroyed" per the rules.
2. Start the Reputation Marker on space 9.
3. Remove 2 Level 1 Objectives at random.
SHORTER GAME VARIANT
1. Remove 5 outer rim remote planets from the probe deck.
2. Start the Reputation Marker on space 11.
3. Remove 1 Level 1 Objective at random.
Does anyone see a major problem with this set up (a problem that's SO significant that play testing would be a waste of time without some adjustment)?
We can talk, tweak, and debate different variants, but I say we settle on something fairly simple and straight forward, and start testing it, posting results below.
What do you say?
- [+] Dice rolls