Subject: Thematics of Homing Beacon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone set my mind at ease here and explain the thematica of an opponent's leader opposing your Homing Beacon card and thus keeping their own leader captured? If it was still freed it would make sense because they're just finding and taking the beacon off the ship, but them remaining captured is making me twitch...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig C
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is it's done to keep the rules consistent. Thematically it could be the other leader discovering the beacon before the "escaped" leader got back to the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda surprising it's an attempt mission, thematically. But yeah, just balance/ interesting choices, I'd guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leia once said that "they allowed us to flee". If she knew that earlier she could decide not to flee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Wizards say, "Make it so".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Private Blinky
msg tools
Thematically?...

The opposing Rebel leader has arrived in the planetary system in all the full intention and effort to try and free their imprisoned comrade. Using stealth and luck, they have managed to somehow either contact the imprisoned leader who is aware of the plot, or directly discovered the Empire's intentions on their own. After asserting the situation and deeming it too risky for a direct rescue at the current time (or the typical self-sacrifice choice being made for them: "Don't save me, stop them!!"), the opposing Rebel leader makes the choice to interfere with Empire's machinations. The Rebel Alliance high-command are aware that the needs of the Rebellion reach higher than any individual, and most would choose to remain in captivity if it meant the Empire has not gained any further insights to the true whereabouts of the hidden Rebel base.

Obviously failing to oppose the mission means the rescuing Rebel Leader was stalled long enough through resistance and small-arms fire that it aborted the attempt to interfere. Pinned down and sent to run for safety, the opposing leader tries to inform the mortally-wounded but (orchestrated) escaped leader about the compromised vessel and their failure to destroy the beacon, but by the time they manage to establish contact, it is too late... the Empire has now gained the info they were looking for.

With a success, the Rebel opposing leader can take solace that at least the plot has been thwarted, even if their comrade still hangs in chains (or worse). Knowing that their actions have now made the Empire aware of the Rebel leader's presence and tightened any rescue efforts at this point, they lay low within the system for the time being, relaying intel back to Rebel command, taking preparations to resurface at the most opportune time on any future attempts on a full-blown rescue mission, should they arise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls